I enjoy every part of these pumpkin spice cookies – the making (they smell so good), the baking (now my house smells good), and the eating. They’re the best fall cookies ever.
What You'll Find On This Page
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love fall. It’s the end of summer (which is sad) but it’s time for all those fun things that only happen when cool breezes and leaves are rustling around the ankles. Fall here in the Pacific Northwest is a time of long walks, wet mornings, and very, very strong breezes.
And of course, one of my favorite things about fall: pumpkin spice.
Oh, the smell is captivating, isn’t it? I could have something baking with that smell all year long. These cookies are simple to mix up, bake, and I’m sharing an easy flood icing recipe for beginners. If you’re ready to start making some fall cookies, let’s get started.
Save or Share for Later
Need to gather up some ingredients? Save this to your cookie decorating ideas pin board or share it on Facebook so you can easily find it when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Fall Cookies
- Because these are an easy cookie to bake up, mix and bake the cookies a day before decorating them. They will hold together very well.
- If you opt to make, bake, and decorate the same day, be sure the cookies have cooled completely before frosting.
- Decorating is a personal thing so let your creative juices flow. Don’t feel constrained by my little vines if you want Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin spice cookies. Flood icing is so easy, you can pretty much do anything.
- I didn’t think of it until later, but these pumpkin cookies would look cute with a little leaf, right there under the stem.
How Do I Make Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is my written recipe for the pumpkin spice cookie and beginner cookie decorating tutorial. If you have any questions, please ask me in the comments section or join the Facebook group here.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fall Cookies You Might Like
- Kawaii Fall Leaf Cookies – They’re so adorable, I just want to bite their little heads off–well, they’re leaves, so I want to nibble their points, I guess. LOL!
- Almond Joy Macarons – I don’t know if this is actually an official fall cookie recipe, but it’s amazing and I always make them for Thanksgiving.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to a cookie decorating ideas pin board.