You will be blown away by our Butterfinger cupcakes recipe! An occasional candy bar is one of our favorite treats and we are taking that concept and making this delicious dessert.
Have you been in a cupcake baking rut where you are making the same recipe for every family meal and get-together you are invited to? We totally get it because we have been there as well. This candy bar cupcake idea is going to become your next go-to recipe.
RELATED READING: The Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe (According to the Internet)
What You'll Find On This Page
Easy Butterfinger Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are on a candy bar cupcake kick. We have been creating several of these recipes for you and we cannot wait to share them. These recipes taste like your favorite candy bar but in cupcake form.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
Whether you enjoy a Twix candy bar or perhaps a Snickers bar, it would be hard to choose a favorite from these. I must say, the Butterfinger candy cupcake recipe is definitely at the top of the list. And you will be surprised at how scrumptious they are!
If you need to gather your supplies for this Butterfinger dessert, bookmark this page to make it easier when you are ready to start baking.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Why These Cupcakes Are Such A Great Recipe
They are so unique! Who would have thought to take some candy bar bits and turn them into a cool cupcake recipe? We are so stoked to share this fun idea with you.
This Butterfinger candy bar dessert is incredibly easy to make. We use a boxed cake mix as the base, so there is a cut corner there. Then we use canned frosting, so we are also saving you time there. All we did was add a few other ingredients and elevate that cake mix to this decadent new flavor profile.
Are you looking for a fun and simple recipe to share with the kids? This recipe is one the older kids could totally make with just a bit of adult supervision. My kiddo loves to get her hands on a new recipe to work on and this is her latest choice.
They are sharable! You certainly don’t want to keep this recipe under wraps. Can you imagine how popular these would be at a bake sale or potluck?
RELATED READING: The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake Recipe (So Fluffy)
Tips for Making Butterfinger Candy Cupcakes
- We found our Butterfinger Baking Bits at Walmart as well as Kroger. If you cannot locate them at your store, you can purchase 2-3 full-size Butterfinger bars and chop them into small pieces. To make things easier for you, we would suggest using a food processor on the chopped setting.
- When you are buying your canned frosting, there are a few options for you. We used a vanilla frosting, but we have also used a caramel canned frosting. We were really torn as to which one was better.
- When adding eggs to your batter, be sure they are whole eggs and are at room temperature. This helps them mix more easily into the batter and gives the cupcakes a better rise.
Ingredients for the Butterfinger Candy Cupcakes Recipe
Below are the ingredients we used to make our cupcakes. Before you head to the store, check your pantry and fridge to see what you have on hand. For information on making this recipe with full candy bars, read the tips section above.
- Yellow box cake mix
- Butterfinger Baking Bits, divided
- Buttercream frosting in a can
- Creamy peanut butter
How to Make Butterfinger Candy Cupcakes
Each step for this recipe is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating your cupcakes. If you would rather have a printable recipe, scroll down and select the print button.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners. Add the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs to a large bowl.
Using an electric stand or hand mixer, beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
Fold in ¾ cup of the Butterfinger Baking Bits.
Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, filling each about ¾ of the way. Bake for 10 – 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
Add the frosting and peanut butter to a large bowl and beat until combined.
Fill a piping bag equipped with the 1M frosting tip, then frost the cupcakes.
Top the cupcakes with the remaining Butterfinger Baking Bits. Grab a cold glass of milk and enjoy!
Notes for Making Butterfinger Cupcakes
- Although we use a yellow cake mix for this recipe, we have also used chocolate and it is just as tasty. Either way, you are going to get a flavor explosion you will not believe.
- This recipe uses peanut butter in the frosting. We used a canned buttercream frosting and added peanut butter to it. We use creamy peanut butter so the frosting is easily piped onto the cupcake.
- If your Butterfinger Baking Bits are small enough, you could add it to the frosting as well as sprinkle it on top of the frosting. This would be just the perfect amount of Butterfinger in your cupcakes! Just make sure the pieces are small enough to fit through the piping tip.
More Cupcake Recipes You May Enjoy
- Blood Orange Cupcakes Recipe with Hazelnuts: Our cupcake recipe was inspired by the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince book. We use a sweet and tangy blood orange flavor on a vanilla or chocolate cupcake base. The frosting has the same orange flavor and it is decorated with roasted hazelnuts. So darn good!
- Easy Mushroom Cupcake Party Dessert: Here is the perfect recipe for your next Mario or fairy party. These mushroom cupcakes are so fun and easy to make. The kids will be amazed at how cool they look!
- Maple Bourbon Cupcakes: By far one of our favorite cupcake recipes! We start with a vanilla cake mix and add our alcohol and a few other ingredients. The frosting is topped with bacon and pecans. You get this sweet and crunchy cupcakes that are out of this world.
- Blackberry Lemon Cupcake Recipe: This delicious cupcake recipe starts with our popular vanilla cupcake recipe and has blackberries included in the batter. Topped with a yummy lemon frosting, fresh blackberries, and a brown sugar crumble, this is a winner!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this recipe to your favorite dessert pin board or share it on Facebook.