If summer is your thing, you’re going to need these beach cupcakes in your life. They’re an easy to make cupcake idea and one of our favorite fun party cupcakes. Let’s do this.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a confession to make: I’m in love with cupcakes. It’s so true, which is apparent to everyone who know me – I make and bring cupcakes for all occasions. I’ve even pulled together the ultimate list of easy to make cupcake ideas from our own house, and it’s big.
But, I’v got a special place in my heart for these easy beach cupcakes. They’re just everything that summer should be – light, airy, fun, and silly. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Gathering supplies? Pin this to your favorite fun summer cupcakes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make these Fun Party Cupcakes
- Take your time frosting these and be detailed and neat – just kidding, the messier you (or the kids) are, the more waves there are in the ocean!
- Let these beach cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- If you need a vanilla cupcake recipe, I recommend making our Lazy Girl’s Easy Vanilla Cupcakes. They take less than 30-minutes and use ingredients you likely have on hand – and people on Pinterest really love them.
How Do I Make Beach Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a fun party cupcakes playlist on YouTube, here is our beach cupcakes video tutorial.
- 20 vanilla cupcakes (we love this Lazy Girl Vanilla Cupcake recipe--it's so fast!)
- 1/3 of a small package of blue gelatin mix
- 1 jar premade white icing (or your favorite buttercream recipe)
- Blue food coloring
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 gummy fish candies
- Preheat oven and follow the recipe to make the vanilla cupcake batter .
- Place 1 cup of cake batter in a separate bowl.
- Mix blue gelatin into this separated batter. Stir to combine completely.
- Place 2/3 of the normal amount of batter (the white batter) into cupcake liners. Spoon several drops of the blue cake mix into each cupcake, then swirl the blue and white cake mix together with a toothpick. But be very careful not to actually mix the two colors together--just swirl.
- Complete the baking of the cupcakes according to the recipe. Cool cupcakes completely.
- Combine the white icing and blue food coloring together until you reach the desired color of consistent blue.
- With a butter knife, spread blue icing on top of each cupcake.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. Dip half of each cupcake into the graham cracker crumbs to create a "beach" on one side.
- Cut tail portions of gummy fish candies off.
- Place one of the head portions of gummy fish candies into the blue ocean area of each cupcake.
- Decorate with cocktail umbrellas (optional).
For more easy to make cupcake recipe ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 365 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 242mg Carbohydrates: 53g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 38g Protein: 5g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy to Make Cupcakes You Might Like
- Ultimate List of Every Awesome Cupcake Decorating Idea – For real, you’ll find a little bit of everything here–and definitely something unique and fun to inspire you.
- Popcorn Cupcakes – The absolute perfect cupcake for movie-night with the family.
- Bubblegum Cupcakes – Only the most wonderful cupcake for any kind of baby shower or gender reveal party on the planet.
- Poop Emoji Cupcakes – Ok. I know, but the kids will just DIE with laughter. They’ll love it–you have to make these at least once!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy to make cupcakes board on Pinterest.