Make These April Fools Cupcakes for a Hilarious Prank Cupcakes on Kids!
I decided to figure out how to make April Fools cupcakes for some little fun prank cupcake action for the kiddo. Funny, easy and totally worth it!
April Fools Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about having fun with the kid. It’s the best ever – the giggles and laughs are so wonderful. So, since she’s definitely old enough now for some really great pranks, I thought why not try my hand at an April Fools cupcake?!
RELATED READING: FUN AND EASY FRUIT LOOPS CUPCAKES
One of the easiest cupcakes I’ve decorated, by far, this is one of those that your kiddo will never forget. And it’s a great cupcake decorating idea for a large batch of cupcakes for a party. That’s a whole room of kids that won’t forget how funny the cupcakes were! If you’re ready to make some fun and epically awesome funny cupcakes for April Fool’s Day, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Prank Cupcakes
- I decided to start with my favorite (all time, seriously) easy vanilla cupcake recipe. This fast and no-fail cupcake is soft, moist, tasty and makes the perfect base for any cupcakes you can imagine – even broccoli-topped cupcakes for April Fool’s Day.
- However you decide you want to top your prank cupcakes, be it cream cheese frosting, buttercream or canned frosting, you are going to want to add a bit of powdered sugar to it to make the frosting more lumpy. I’ve included a recipe for making the lumpy frosting – but you can certainly use any recipe. Just make it lumpy like mashed potatoes and you’re golden.
- No matter what you decide to frost your cupcakes with, never ever put icing on cupcakes until they’re cooled completely. A warm cupcake is absolutely one of the most fantastic confections, and frosting is so much awesomeness, too. But bringing those two together is asking for the frosting to melt and turn your whole confection into an icky mess, so let those prank cupcakes cool!
Funny April Fools Cupcake Idea
Below is the written and printable tutorial for these fun joke-inspired cupcakes. If you have any questions, use the comment section below and I'll help out.
More Easy Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Super-Moist Dragonfruit Cupcakes - I love how fabulous these dragonfruit cupcakes taste - and they look stunning, too!
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes - Strawberries piled on icing topped with cake crumbles stacked on a cupcakes. Delicious doesn't even cover it.
- Sherbet Cupcakes - Combining a yummy ice cream flavor and a plentiful pile of icing is just the best cupcake ever.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite party ideas board on Pinterest.