Whether it is Christmas or you want to make a memorial item, you can create this elegant angel gnome with wings. I’m including a free set of patterns to get you started.
Make a Gorgeous Angel Gnome with Wings
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’m full of the holiday spirit and want to pass on a little bit of help for your holiday crafting. For years, people have asked for an angel gnome but I kept putting it off…
The gnome wasn’t the problem, you see – it was the angel wings! I kept trying to mess about with feathers. I tried three different styles of feathers and all of them were a gloopy, gloppy mess!
I finally figured it out and thought I would share a free pattern to help you do the same. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now?
If you need to gather materials or need to find the perfect decoration for your angel gnome to hold, share this to your Facebook timeline or save to a Pinterest board.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Angel Gnome
- You will the Scandinavian Sweeties pattern (the top-selling gnome pattern from Ruffles and Rain Boots).
- Download these free angel wing templates, as well. Choose whichever one you want to try first.
- Really try to source the right material: plush fur from a fabric store, mufflers from the Dollar Tree, or even dusters will work! Just make sure it keeps its shape when you cut the backing.
- Take care not to get any hot glue in the ‘feathers’ of the wings – it will be a bear to get out (you might have to cut it out).
How Do I Make an Angel Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked! Below is my written, printable tutorial (just hit that print button and either send it to your printer or save it as a digital file). Please note that you can find the full DIY angel gnome tutorial on my YouTube channel here.
Get the Scandi Sweeties Pattern
In addition to the free wings template, put this best-selling pattern into your cart here.
More Gnomes You Might Like
- No Sew Farmhouse Holiday Gnomes – These cuties are a popular DIY with Dollar Tree finds for Christmas.
- DIY Gnome Christmas Ornaments – Make your own gnome ornaments using craft room scraps!
- Farmhouse Gnome – This farmhouse sock gnome tutorial is popular for a reason – there’s only a couple of steps and NO sewing!
Please Save and Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please consider sharing this on Facebook to your favorite crafting group to help spread the word about this free pattern and easy DIY.