Using a pre-made stocking, you can make these adorable no-sew gnome stockings in less than an hour. I made both a boy and girls for our family but you can even add a dog or cat to the mix!
No-Sew Gnome Stockings Tutorial
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I share a lot of gnome patterns, gnome crafts, and just general gnome stuff because I love the little cuties. While in Target the other day, I found these pre-made striped stockings and could not resist making a new set of gnome stockings.
You don’t need a lot of supplies at all and because there is no sewing required, you can do it all with some scissors and a hot glue gun. Let’s get started.
Want to Save These For Later?
If you need to gather supplies or you’re reading this in March, save this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest or share it to your Facebook timeline.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Making These Gnome Stockings
- Find a pre-made stocking in your holiday colors or theme. As long as it’s less than 8 inches wide (most are), you can follow this tutorial exactly with the only change being the size of the hat.
- Faux fur is easy to find during the holiday season at craft stores but it sells out quickly. I buy my fur on Amazon from this brand (love it)! ad
- You can use any of the following for the nose and it will come out adorable: wood rounds, wooden beads, wood half rounds, pompoms, ping pong balls painted a skin tone, or nylons stuffed with Poly-Fill.
- If you cannot find the faux leather ribbon for the aprons (I picked it up at Hobby Lobby), use fleece or another heftier fabric so that it always sits flat and you don’t have to iron it.
How Do I Make Gnome Stockings?
I’m so glad you want to make these little cuties. Below is my written tutorial and the how to make gnome stockings video tutorial is here on the YouTube channel.
More Gnome Crafts for the Holidays
- Farmhouse Gnomes – You do not have to sew a thing to make these GORGEOUS and oh-so-popular farmhouse gnomes.
- Gnomes on Skis – Another fun no-sew gnome tutorial, these gnomes on skis will melt any heart.
- Christmas Gnome Ornament – This insanely popular Christmas ornament is so easy (and quick) to make. Decorate a tree or packages.
Please Share This Free Tutorial
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this to your favorite crafting Facebook group or save to a creative Pinterest board.