This easy DIY shamrock bookmark is the perfect way to add a little fun this St. Patrick’s Day. Turn it into a 4-leaf clover, and give a little luck!
DIY Shamrock Bookmark
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love to share easy crafts that everyone can do. This shamrock bookmark is a fun St. Patrick’s Day craft that can be customized for any age. See below for tips on making this kid-friendly.
Whether you like the smooth or hammered wire look, this easy St. Patrick’s day shamrock bookmark will be a fun way to spend 30-minutes.
Can’t Make it Now? Pin This for Later
Need to save this idea? No problem – just click the sharing buttons and save this to your St. Patrick’s Day or DIY board Pinterest.
Tips for Making This Fun St. Patrick’s Day Craft
We had a great time making these bookmarks. Here are a few tips we learned along the way:
- Be sure to print the template and use it as a guide if this is your first time working with wire.
- Younger kids might have a hard time with the wire. They can, however, use pipe cleaners.
- These look great with the hammered or non-hammered wire look, so make both and decide which ones you like best.
How Do I Make a Shamrock Bookmark?
I’m glad you asked! This method uses a template so you’ll get it right every time. As I mentioned above, switch the wire for pipe cleaners and even the youngest can enjoy this fun craft. If you’re making a St. Patrick’s Day craft playlist on YouTube, here is our Easy Shamrock Bookmark video tutorial.
- 16 gauge craft wire
- craft pliers (looping and flat/cutter)
- template (click here to get)
- Print out the template and select your shamrock bookmark size.
- You will work from the wire spool, so do not cut. Using loop pliers, create a small swirl at the end.
- Place the wire on top of the template and bend it to match the petals and curves of the shamrock.
- When you get near the end, approximate how much wire you'll need for the final curve and a decorative swirl. Cut the wire and bend the swirl with the looping pliers.
- If you like the hammered look, hammer it on a flat surface to add texture. Your shamrock bookmark is done!
For more fun crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com
Get the Craftiness Delivered
Each week, I send one email with craft ideas. From kitchen fun to crafty kids, I share all the great DIY projects and recipes from Ruffles and Rain Boots. Sign up here to get our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the exclusive library of crafts and printables AND the hand lettering repository. Whew!
More St. Patrick’s Day Fun
If you’re here looking to make St. Patrick’s Day a little more magical, here are some fun recipes and craft ideas for you.
- Pot of Gold Cupcakes – They’ll LOVE these fun treats.
- St. Patrick’s Day Candy Bark – Get the kids in the kitchen for this so everyone has a great time.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Consider pinning this to your favorite St. Patrick’s Day board or sharing with your friends on Facebook.