This fun quilled shamrock craft is fun for all ages. Using various green papers, this is a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon. Let’s get started.
Quilled Shamrock Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love to share easy and quick crafts. This St. Patricks day, we made a quilled shamrock and it was a lot of fun. We even made pins out of some of them so none of us get pinched!
No quilling supplies? No problem! If you don’t have quilling paper, grab a couple of tones of origami paper or colored printer paper and cut it into thin strips. If you don’t have a quilling tool, use a thin chopstick or bamboo skewer – they work great!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Do you want to save this idea for later? Just hit the Pinterest button to save this to your favorite St. Patrick’s or paper craft board.
As an Amazon associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure policy.
Tips for Making a Quilled Shamrock
As I mentioned above, you can make this craft with no special supplies.
- Use origami paper and cut it into thin strips if you don’t have quilling strips. For a quilling tool, a bamboo skewer works very well.
- Try a few of the circles to get the hang of it.
- Use a clear glue for the assembly. You can use school glue, just hold it in place for a little bit so it sets.
How Do I Make a Quilled Shamrock for St. Patrick’s Day?
I’m so glad you asked! Below is a written tutorial, but I’ve also created a video for the visual learners. If you’re making a playlist for quilling crafts or St. Patrick’s Day craft on YouTube, here is our quilled shamrock video tutorial.
- Coil a strip of paper tightly. Set down and let it unroll a bit.
- Using the outside open edge, glue down the end and pinch until you form a tear drop shape.
- Repeat this process. You'll need 6 tear drops for a shamrock and 8 if you'd like to make a four-leaf clover.
- Once you have all quilled tear drops ready, use a small piece of paper to glue them to.
- If you'd like to make a pin, glue a fastener to the back and your quilled shamrock is complete!
For more fun crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots. com
More Fun for the Luckiest Holiday
In case you’re looking for a few St. Patrick’s Day ideas, try your hand at these.
- Pot of Gold Cupcakes – You will not believe how easy these are.
- Rainbow Cereal Necklace – Perfect for little hands!
- Tasty St. Patrick’s Day Candy Bark – Colorful, fun, and there’s even a surprise ingredient.
Get Crafty Ideas Delivered?
Crafting takes inspiration and I’d love to send you some. Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter. You’ll get our no-selling email and access to both exclusive subscriber libraries FULL of crafts, printables, and hand lettering practice.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this to Facebook or save to your favorite holiday board on Pinterest.