These easy pot of gold cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day will have everyone smiling! They are surprisingly easy, so grab the kids and let’s get started.
Pot of Gold Cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love to share fun cupcake decorating ideas for holidays, parties, and rainy day fun in the kitchen. And this time of year, it’s all about bringing in the bright colors to chase away the dreary winter days.
These pot of gold cupcakes for St. Patrick’s day are fun and festive. The mix of bright greens, rainbow, and shiny gold sprinkles will have anyone grinning from ear to ear. Le’ts get started making these!
Can’t Make This Now? Save or Share
If you can’t whip up a batch of these fun cupcakes right now, save them to your favorite cupcakes or St. Patrick’s Day pin board or share to a fun, foodie Facebook group to easily find it later.
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips and Tricks to Make This Cupcake Decorating Idea
As with all of my cupcake recipes and decorating ideas, I like to share what I’ve learned while making them.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
- As always, be sure to let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting or it will just slide off or not support the candy as needed.Make the pots of gold after you frost the cupcakes to let the frosting harden a bit. Having them all prepared makes assembly go faster, as well.
- You can use frosting from a can – no one will know and we won’t tell; if you need to fluff it up (make it go farther), add a bit of powdered sugar, a pinch of salt, and whipped cream.
- For added St. Patrick’s Day fun, add a few pieces of Lucky Charms cereal and watch their eyeballs get HUGE!
- Use festive cupcake liners (I like foils for this) to really jazz them up.
- I used my lazy gal’s vanilla cupcake recipe but you can make these chocolate cupcakes, dark chocolate cupcakes, or any other flavor
- Start with just a few drops of the green food coloring – depending on the brand and type you’re using, you might not need much.
Easy Rainbow Cupcakes
I like to provide options to everyone because not everyone likes over-the-top cupcakes. If you want to make easy rainbow cupcakes, just don’t add on the pot of gold.
Easy peasy, right? They’re so cute just as a fun rainbow food idea and all you need is the candy and mini marshmallows. Simply center them on the cupcake and you’re done.
How Do I Make Pot of Gold Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked! Scroll to see the written instructions and recipe on how to make these fun St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes. If you’re making a playlist for the holiday, here is our Pot of Gold cupcakes video tutorial on YouTube.
- Bake our amazing vanilla cupcake recipe (doubled) with the addition of green food coloring. Let cool.
- While the cupcakes bake, unwrap 24 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, leaving it in the liner, and place a small dollop of frosting on top. Dip into the gold sprinkles and set aside.
- Color the remaining frosting with green food coloring (we prefer the gel for more vibrant color). Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with a large star decorating tip.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes from the center, working your way out to the edge.
- Cut the rainbow candy into 3.5 inch pieces. Place one off center on the cupcake and add three mini marshmallows on either side of the rainbow to act as clouds.
- Place the Reese's cup in front of the rainbow decoration and you're done with these fun pot of gold cupcakes!
For more cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
- muffin pans and liners
- piping bag and star decorating tip
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
All nutrition information is estimated and does not include all recipe elements. Please calculate your exact brands and ingredients when accuracy is desired.
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library (full of free practice sheets and instructions) and the Exclusive Library (full of free cut files for cutting machines, tips on our favorite craft mediums, and all things fun)!
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to your favorite St Patrick’s Day pin board or share it on Facebook.