These white chocolate peppermint cupcakes are so good, you are going to want to eat two at a time! They look like a professional baker created them but that will be our secret.
Pairing the vanilla white chocolate cupcakes with the peppermint mocha frosting is unlike any other cupcake recipe. These are perfect for a holiday dessert table and even make a great gift idea.
RELATED READING: Peppermint Fudge Recipe – So Good, So Easy
What You'll Find On This Page
Andes Mint White Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
Here at Ruffle and Rain Boots, I LOVE cupcakes and make them all the time. Did you know I have one of the most popular, most VIRAL cupcake recipes on the Internet? It’s my lazy girl’s easy vanilla cupcakes recipe and it’s so easy, the kids can make it themselves.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
I love to challenge myself with my recipes, though, and the best part about these cupcakes is the mint flavor throughout. You won’t just find a chocolate mint candy on top – there are crushed candies in the cupcake itself. It’s like a minty party in your mouth!
These easy homemade cupcakes are so good – you might as well double the batch right from the start. Let’s make some together.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
Looking for an easy peppermint dessert and found yourself here? So glad you’re here. Please save this chocolate peppermint cupcake recipe to a dessert pin board or share it on Facebook to spread the tasty fun.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED READING: This Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipe is Done in 10 Minutes
Tips for Making White Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- If you have trouble finding the Andes chocolate peppermint candy during the holiday season, you have a few options. You can substitute Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares or Dove Promises Peppermint Bark Dark Chocolate Christmas Candy.
- If you want to switch up the flavor, you can use cheesecake, French vanilla, or chocolate pudding.
- Do you want to cut back on the peppermint flavor in the frosting? Look for a chocolate chip or chocolate caramel coffee creamer.
Ingredients for Peppermint Cupcakes:
- White cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- White Chocolate Pudding
- Egg whites (room temperature)
- Cupcake liners
- Andes Candy Peppermint Bark
- Salted butter, room temperature (softened butter, not melted)
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
Each step for this cupcake recipe is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Just keep this page open while you are creating your dessert recipe. If you would rather have a printable copy, just scroll down and select print.
RELATED READING: The Internet’s Most Popular Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Christmas Cupcake Recipe: Instructions
Below are the step by step instructions to make these delicious winter treats. If you want to add crushed candy canes onto the frosted mini cakes, pound them until they are very small.
Add the cake mix to a large mixing bowl and follow the mix instructions to add the other ingredients.
Fold in half of the candies.
Add batter to the cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full and bake them 18-20 minutes.
Cream the butter until it is light and fluffy.
Mix in the vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and chocolate syrup.
Mix in the powdered sugar and creamer until creamy.
Prepare a piping bag and fill the bag with frosting.
Frost the cupcakes, moving in a circular motion starting on the outside edge of the cupcake and pulling in. If you want a tall mound, create a dollop of frosting in the center and build upon that.
RELATED READING: This Easy Buttercream Frosting Recipe is FABULOUS for Cupcakes
Notes on Making Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- Even if you are tempted, do not change out the main ingredients in this recipe unless it is a recommendation above.
- Grease-proof cupcake liners are the best thing ever! Not only do your cupcakes look more professional, but they won’t stick to the paper either. If you don’t have them, use TWO cupcake liners.
- Pop your cupcakes in the fridge for 15 or 20 minutes before frosting them. It will cool the cupcakes by the time you’re done with the frosting.
More Peppermint Desserts
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Wins Holiday Treat of the Year – This might be the best way to make fudge during the holidays.
- Chocolate Mint Cake Mix Cookie Recipe – This is a ridiculously easy cookie recipe you should add to a cookie platter or cookie exchange.
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs Recipe – These are fun to make together as a family and they really make a great last-minute gift.
- This Easy Peppermint Hot Cocoa Recipe is Perfectly Pink! – The kids will LOVE helping and sipping on this fun cocoa.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this recipe to your peppermint dessert ideas pin board or share it on Facebook.