This peppermint hot cocoa recipe is like having a warm hug in a mug, with perfectly pink smiles and mint-chocolate kisses. Nothing more perfect on a cold, wintery night!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Recipe
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we LOVE having a warm cup of cocoa on chilly nights. Being under a blanket, cuddling with the kiddo, that’s the best thing in the whole world. I seriously live for those evenings. And having a new recipe for peppermint hot cocoa is the perfect way to get ready for those awesome memory-making moments.
I already know my kiddo is excited too. That’s why we “tested out” this hot cocoa recipe with peppermint, even though it’s not quite what I’d call chilly outside just yet. If you’re ready to get a cup and a cuddle going with a peppermint white cocoa, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite drink recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make HOt Cocoa with Peppermint Recipe
- First, always start with your favorite chocolate chips. I don’t mess around. Inexpensive white chocolate is fine in a pinch, but if I’m taking time to make this peppermint hot chocolate with crushed candy canes, I want it to be the best it can be, so I like to use my favorite.
- I don’t mess around with the milk. Only warm it in a medium saucepan over medium heat. All the mediums. Do not let it boil. Do not let it BOIL. That will ruin this whole operation. So, no scorching the milk, just keep it steamy, even if that means you need to remove it from the heat.
- If you’d like to make this homemade hot cocoa with peppermint recipe into a kid-friendly recipe that they can make, you can pull the stove out of the equation and add chocolate to a bowl, then microwave in 30-second increments, letting the kiddo do the stirring between each increment. Have the kiddo drop in the crushed peppermints (or use peppermint flavor and food coloring), and, after that’s all melted, let them be in charge of stirring in the milk. Then you can let them top with whipped cream. Total. Mom. Win.
How Do I Make this Peppermint Hot Cocoa Recipe?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Hot Cocoa Recipes You Might Like
- Hot Cocoa Bath Bombs – I can’t get over how yummy smelling these are–and how perfect they are for a gift!
- Mason Jar Hot Cocoa Gift – If you need a gift idea, you have to have someone on your list, or someones, that would love a warm hug in a mug.
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – Nothing is more perfect than a hot cocoa cupcake that has marshmallows!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite drink recipes board on Pinterest.