This easy peppermint fudge is a seriously tasty Christmas fudge recipe. It’s a no-fail fudge and you can bet that you’re going to love that minty flavor.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore making Christmas dessert recipes for friends, neighbors and, frankly ourselves. Seriously, the kiddo and I are spending a lot of time in the kitchen, making memories and some yummy treats. One of the best we’ve made (and plan to make more of) is this easy peppermint fudge.
It’s a super simple, no-fail fudge recipe that’s perfect for giving as Christmas gifts to teachers and more. I love this amazing double-layer fudge recipe and I hope you do, too. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Christmas fudge
- Making no-fail fudge is ridiculously easy. You’re just going to melt your semi-sweet chocolate chips with your sweetened condensed milk, then repeat with the white chocolate and fold in your peppermints. Pour in two layers to get that amazing double-layer deliciousness. No sour cream, no candy thermometer, no evaporated milk, just chocolate and sweetened condensed milk and peppermints.
- To make sure you can get your fudge out of the pan, the easiest thing is to use parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray. Pour your chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and let it set. It’s that easy. Do not, however line your pan with foil–it will stick to the fudge.
- When you cool your fudge, you can let it sit on the counter and set to room temperature or you can put it in the fridge and let it chill. Either will work, but the fridge is much faster.
- You can modify your two-layer fudge recipe to make this for any holiday season. Fun additions to make your holiday fudge a little unique:
- Peanut Butter (to make peanut butter fudge)
- Marshmallow Cream (or is it Marshmallow Creme?!)
- Dried Cranberries
- Red and Blue Sprinkles
How Do I Make this Peppermint Fudge?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 2 14oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 C peppermint chocolate chips
- 2/3 C crushed candy canes
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, combine the semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir constantly until all of the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the completely melted fudge mixture into the baking dish.
- In a second small sauce pan, combine the white chocolate chips and remaining can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir constantly until all of the chocolate has melted.
- Once the fudge mixture is completely melted, add in the peppermint extract, 1/3 of the crushed candy canes and all of the peppermint chocolate chips.
- Pour the white fudge mixture on top of the dark fudge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes over the top.
- Allow the fudge to cool on the counter overnight before cutting into 1 inch squares.
For more fun Christmas fudge recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 1gSugar: 61gProtein: 7g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Christmas Dessert Recipes You Might Like
- Gingerbread Cupcakes – I love this easy cupcake recipe that gives me the tastiest Christmas cupcakes I’ve ever enjoyed!
- Eggnog Fudge – The perfect fudge for people who just need their eggnog fix for the holidays and the yummiest no-fail fudge recipe ever.
- White Chocolate Christmas Fudge – Speaking of delicious Christmas fudge, this recipe is hands-down my favorite I’ve made this year.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas recipes board on Pinterest.