I am a unicorn fanatic. So, when I decided to make a series of DIY Christmas ornaments, making a fun unicorn ornament was first on my list!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we really love Christmas around here. It starts early and lasts for a good, long time. I mean, why not, right?! So, this year, I’m getting ready for the holiday festivities this year by making a ton of new DIY Christmas ornaments. One of the best and most unique ornaments I’ve made is this adorable unicorn ornament.
Simple and fast, this DIY holiday craft is super cute and very customizable. If you’re ready to add a little unicorn magic to your Christmas tree, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Unicorn Christmas Ornament
- Start by getting the free unicorn cut file here to make this easy unicorn ornament. You can use the cut file with your cutting machine, but if you don’t have one or just don’t want to break it out, you can just print the JPG included in the cut file set and use it to cut the felt pieces with your scissors. Easy squeezy.
- So, the way that I wrote this tutorial is NOT a no-sew ornament. But, you could absolutely make it no-sew. Just because I thought it would be pretty to have a blanket stitch around the edge doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t have worked just the same and been just as cute using hot glue. So, if you want to make this into a no-sew unicorn ornament, just grab that hot glue gun.
- If you would like to turn this simple ornament into a unicorn garland for Christmas, all you need to do is make 5-7 of these unicorns, string them on embroidery thread and add a few felt balls to separate them. What a fun way to make something more from one little pattern!
How Do I Make this Unicorn Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Christmas Ornaments You Might Like
- Christmas Gnome Ornaments – A super quick and fun ornament tutorial, the resulting little gnomes are the most fun (and most popular) DIY Christmas ornament on Ruffles and Rain Boots!
- Wood Round Snowman Ornament – One of my favorite homemade ornaments for Christmas, this easy tutorial is all you need to make a fun snowman.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornaments – One of the funniest ornaments the kid and I have made together, we plan to do a new one this year too!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.