These braided raffia pumpkin placeholders are the perfect no-carve pumpkin craft to create a swoon-worthy fall table. This is a craft you can start while watching television or listening to a great audio book.
You will need only a few basic supplies for this craft. Keep reading to learn how to make these easy pieces for a fall decor table and the tips I learned along the way.
Don’t miss out on these other dollar tree pumpkin ideas for even more affordable creative fun.
DIY Raffia Craft Idea: Seating Card or Photo Holders
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love an elegant table and usually incorporate pumpkins for Thanksgiving and get-togethers in the Fall. That said, I’m more focused on putting on the party so easy place cards for a large family get together are a must have.
Creating something as easy as this adds an elegance to your table. Add some simple linens and low florals. Your friends and family will love it!
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
Gathering ideas? Share this on Facebook or save it to your favorite fall pin board. It will be easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making this No-Carve Pumpkin Craft
- Hot glue as you work through this craft. There will be many strands of raffia to keep track of and the glue will be a huge help to hold it in place and keep everything tight.
- If you have any strings of hot glue, you can pull them off during construction or use a heat gun on the finished piece to melt them away.
- These could be fun picture or artwork holders for Fall. You can also take this idea and make it larger by creating a porch pumpkin the same way.
- I just quickly hand lettered a couple of cards to stick in my seating card holders. If you need some hand lettering practice for fall to brush-up on your skills, I have these great fall hand lettering prompts that will have you flourishing in no time. You can also just print out some cards. ;)
- I found my pumpkins at the local craft store last year, so they were in my craft closet when I had this idea. If you are looking for pumpkins to make this craft and you can’t find them locally, pick up these mini pumpkins here (they are the perfect size).
- I used natural raffia but if you want to make these less neutral, pick up any color raffia at the craft store or even party store.
- To create a gold pumpkin place card holder, spray paint the wire after you form it. Use a thin gold ribbon to complete the look.
DIY Raffia Pumpkin Placeholders
Read below for the instructions on how to make this simple pumpkin craft. If you have any questions, please use the comments section below. I would love to see how you use them, so be sure to tag me on social!
More Pumpkin Craft Ideas for Fall
- DIY Cork Pumpkins are a Fun No-Carve Pumpkin Craft – Save up those corks and make these fun cork pumpkins. These have been so on trend for the past couple of years and are still going strong.
- Dollar Tree Basket Pumpkin for a Fall Decor Craft – Get your supplies at the Dollar Tree and get to crafting this beautiful piece.
- Pumpkin Spice Bath Bombs – These are a perfect party favor to give everyone (including yourself) a treat for a spa day at home.
- Rustic Raffia Pumpkin DIY – For a less polished look, Kelly shares how to create a rustic raffia pumpkin (keep that glue gun ready).
Please Save or Share This
Thank you for reading through this fun braided raffia craft idea today. Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this to Facebook or save it to your favorite fall crafts pin board.