These raffia pumpkin placeholders is the perfect no-carve pumpkin craft! Who says that you have to make a mess with all the pumpkin “guts” and seeds when you can make your own pumpkin craft like this one?
Don’t miss out on these other dollar tree pumpkin ideas for even more affordable creative fun.
DIY Raffia Pumpkin Placeholders
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making anything pumpkin. There’s always room in my house to find space for something as cute as this. I love using these as Fall home decor or as simple place settings for our upcoming holiday meals.
So, grab your wee pumpkins and let’s get started!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Running super low on time? No worries! You can come back later and read this – just pin it to your favorite Fall craft board on Pinterest so it’s ready and waiting.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips for Making this No-Carve Pumpkin Craft
- Don’t forget to hot glue as you work through this craft. You’ll have a lot of strands of raffia to keep track of and the glue will be a huge help to hold it in place as you go. One thing, though, pull those little dragging strings of hot glue as you go, too. Cleaning those off afterward is such a bore.
- These could be fun place holders or just a great pumpkin craft for Fall. Don’t feel like you have to stop with just a placeholder. Maybe you need a larger raffia pumpkin on the porch? Maybe you need a fun raffia pumpkin on your centerpiece? The possibilities are endless!
- I just quickly hand lettered a couple of cards to stick in my placeholders. If you need some hand lettering practice for fall to brush-up on your skills, I have these great fall hand lettering prompts that will have you flourishing in no time.
- I found my pumpkins at the local craft store last year after the season passed, I think – they were just in my craft closet when I had this idea. But if you are looking for pumpkins to make this craft and find you’re not seeing the size you’d like, you can grab some mini pumpkins here that are just the perfect size.
How to Make these Raffia Pumpkin Placeholders?
I’m so glad you asked! Read below on how to make this simple pumpkin craft!
- 8 Faux small pumpkin/picks
- Raffia ribbon
- Floral wire
- Optional - ribbon
- Hot glue gue
- Circular guide like paint for wire
- Start by tapering 3 pieces of the raffia ribbon on a flat surface. Make a braid with them.
- Take the stems off the pumpkin if you're using picks.
- Wrap the braided raffia around the pumpkin. Start at the top and work your way to the bottom. Glue as you go. The strands will overlap and that is fine.
- Don't cover the hole from the stem.
- Once you have the entire pumpkin covered with raffia, make a place card holder and use a small circle surface. Wrap the wire around it twice.
- Add glue to the place card pick in the hole that held the stem.
- You can add a ribbon around the wire if you'd like!
For more fun DIY no-carve pumpkin crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Pumpkin Craft Ideas for Fall
- DIY Cork Pumpkins are a Fun No-Carve Pumpkin Craft – Save up those corks and make these fun cork pumpkins!
- Make a Dollar Tree Basket Pumpkin for a Fast Fall Craft – Get your supplies at the Dollar Tree and get to crafting.
- These Pumpkin Spice Bath Bombs are the Best Fall Bath Bombs! – Great for a spa day at home or a DIY gift idea.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Thank you for visiting and sharing! Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite pumpkin crafts board on Pinterest.