I adore this easy and fun paper flower wreath for spring. It’s a super simple spring craft that goes with all of my spring farmhouse decor. Plus, it was a great way to practice making paper flowers!
Paper Flower Wreath for Spring
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a ton of crafting time on our hands lately. You know, with the staying at home thing. So, one of the things I’ve been trying to do is add to my spring farmhouse decor. I wanted a pretty paper flower wreath to give a pop of color to my kitchen–so I pulled out the paper and got to drawing!
The template I came up with is pretty simple. Just a few cuts and you’ve got a paper flower that’s easy to roll up and looks so nice on your spring wreath. If you’re ready to pop a pretty paper flower wreath on your wall, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy paper crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Paper Flower Wreath
- First, download the paper flower template here. You can certainly make your own, but for real, why? Its just so much easier to use the template.
- I love construction paper, but for this project, I would personally recommend a thicker card stock. I know construction paper is awesome and all, but it’s kind of thin and these flowers need a little more oomph to stand up to the rolling, in my opinion.
- When you are going to make your wire into the wreath, it’s awesome if you can find a form. Like a big lamp shade or a basket ball. Whatever you can find that’s round and has a little stiffness that you can bend the wire around.
- As you can see, I picked colors for my flowers that are all kind of soft pinks, gentle blues, light browns and deep greens in the same tones. But this would be really pretty in blues for winter or reds for fall, whatever. So this doesn’t have to be JUST a spring wreath–you could make it for any season!
How Do I Make this Paper Flower Wreath for Spring?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Burlap Fabric
- Colorful Paper
- Hot Glue
- Paper Glue
- To make the pink flower shown, using the template, cut out the flower petals and take care to cut the petals halfway through to the middle on one side. Overlap the cut edge in the center and glue together. Then cut out a circle from the template and glue the petal on it. Continue until the outer edge of the circle is covered in petals. From the template, cut out the round spiral piece and start rolling it up from the outer end, the glue on one side to secure it. Cut out a 3-inch long strip of yellow paper, then cut small strips on the long side of the paper about halfway through from start to end to make a fringe. Roll this fringed strip and glue it in place in the middle of the spiral rose. Glue the spiral rose on the middle of the first flower.
- To make the white flower shown, cut out the two flower patterns from the second template and glue the smaller petal piece over the larger one. Next, glue a round orange piece of paper on the center of the flower.
- Repeat to make as many paper flowers in whatever color you'd like.
- To make the wreath, bend your 24 inch long wire into a circular shape. Then wrap the wire using another 24 inch long wire and secure it. Wrap the wire with burlap fabric and secure with glue.
- Glue the leaves and flowers onto the wreath on one side and hang as desired.
For more fun spring farmhouse crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Spring Crafts You Might Like
- Ariel Paper Roll Craft – A super fun paper craft for kids, this easy Little Mermaid paper craft is so cute, I want a whole school of them! LOL!
- Paper Dragon Puppets – One of the kiddo’s favorite crafts ever, this paper dragon puppet is so fun to make and easy to play with.
- Peek-a-Boo Gnome Paper Plate Craft – Make this and give the kiddo a turn playing with it–because it’s so cute you’re going to want to hog all the time with it.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy paper crafts board on Pinterest.