Have Some Undersea Fun Making Ocean Thumbprint Animals
These awesome ocean thumbprint animals were born of deep boredom on my kiddo’s part–but they’ve resulted in HOURS of fun! Learning to draw has never been so easy!
Ocean Thumbprint Animals
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have been hearing a lot of “I’m bored” lately. And, in conjunction with that, the kiddo has shown a significant interest in learning to draw. But she’s not looking to become Monet or something–just add to her sketchbook. So, we came up with these fun ocean thumbprint animals!
RELATED READING: JUNGLE THUMBPRINT ANIMALS
Octopus, jellyfish, crabs and turtles–they’re all adorable and fun when made from a fingerprint. If you’re ready to make a fun set of ocean fingerprint animal set, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy kids activities board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Fingerprint Animals
- I don’t recommend using paint. Paint is just messy and, while fun, does not dry nearly quickly enough to get to the fun part of drawing. So, I say, just use stamp pads. And then you can just dab it off if you get too much on a thumb, on a paper towel or another piece of paper.
- Be sure to let the ink dry all the way before attempting to draw all the other animal parts. The pen ink might not stick and you’ll be unimpressed with the results.
- Take the time, while you’re letting your ink dry, to go ahead and decorate a full-on scene. ocean animals can’t just swim around in mid-air! Give ’em some water!
- Want some great ideas you can make using these thumbprint animals as decorations? I’ve got you:
- Father’s day pencil cup made from a tin can covered in paper with the fingerprint animals.
- Cards to grandma and grandpa just to say “I miss you”.
- Mason jars for the teacher or school librarian for teacher appreciation week!
How Do I Make Ocean Thumbprint Animals?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Kids Activities You Might Like
- Jungle Thumbprint Animal Ideas – These jungle animals are made easily the same way as our ocean animal thumbprint art!
- Sun & Clouds Paper Craft – This is such an easy craft–just hand the kiddo the template and let them go!
- Gnome Home – If your kiddo loves fairy houses, gnomes and all the whimsical fun they bring, you have to make this little gnome home with them! So easy!
- Kid-Made Kite – You will definitely love getting outside to show the kiddo that their kite really can fly.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy kids activities board on Pinterest.