On a rainy day, the kiddo wanted to make something fun and sunny, so we came up with this easy sun and clouds craft for kids with a free pattern so any kiddo can have some crafty fun!
Sun & Clouds Craft for Kids
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have been cooped up for far too long. It’s been rainy (kind of typical for spring here) and the kiddo wanted to make a fun craft to “remind us of the sun”. How could I turn that kind of request down?! So, we grabbed a sketch pad and got busy.
The resulting craft was so fun and so simple, but it made for a great activity. Plus, now we have a cute sun and cloud on the fridge to help us remember that the sun is going to dry up all the rain and send the clouds away (eventually). If you’re ready for that reminder, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy craft for kids board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this Spring Craft for Kids
- Start by grabbing your free printable template here. You can always try to freehand it, if you don’t have a printer or just don’t want to grab the template, but it’ll make it a lot easier.
- Let the kiddo drive the bus. I mean, this is their craft, right?! Just roll with what they do. If they decide they want the blue paper we picked to be rainbow colors, let them. If they want a pink sun, let them. They can make such beautiful art if we let them be creative on their own.
- If you have a kiddo that’s a little bit more impatient than maybe an older kiddo, instead of a glue stick, you can use double stick tape–I feel like that was a staple tool for my craft room when the kiddo was small.
How Do I Make this Sun & Clouds Craft for Kids?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fun Kids Crafts You Might Like
- No-Sew Kid-Made Unicorn Pillow – This pillow is so quick and easy–and kids love making a little lovie of their very own!
- Fairy Wishing Bottles Kid Craft – Get out in nature and make this quick craft on a little backyard trek.
- Pokemon Bookmarks – Reading is the name of the game right now for my kiddo and we can’t have enough bookmarks to make it more fun.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kids craft board on Pinterest.