This gingerbread gnome is the perfect glue gun craft for Christmas. It comes together easily and would make for a fun family Christmas craft night.
Gingerbread Christmas Gnome with Posable Arms
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I like to challenge myself to bring you affordable, easy crafts for the holidays. This gingerbread gnome is just that – you will use a glue gun, some fleece, Dollar Tree booties, and a few extras to make an adorable Christmas gnome.
The Dollar Tree party favor boots are found in the party supplies section for a baby shower. I’m using blue in this tutorial, however, they also come in pink – just keep your eye out because these are the easiest gnome boots you can make. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Christmas Gnome Now?
If you need to gather supplies or you want to remind yourself about this cute Christmas craft, please save this to a pin board or share to your favorite Facebook craft group.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make This Posable Christmas Gnome
- Get the Scandinavian Sweeties gnome pattern here.
- I recommend using fleece for this pattern because you will have enough room to stuff the base of the body with the wood round. It’s a very forgiving fabric, so if you’re new to crafting gnomes, it’s perfect to hide imperfections.
- Use a wire that is pliable yet thick enough to hold something. You can extend the arms all the way or make them shorter so just the mittens are showing.
- If you cannot find the Dollar Tree booties, look for pre-made boot ornaments from any of the craft stores. Even the Dollar Tree has them in the ornaments section at Christmas!
- The fur matters, friends. Use the fur you can get from Amazon or a craft store. I’m using Mongolian fur in white (purchased on Amazon by the yard from the brand, Barcelonetta).
How Do I Make a Christmas Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is the written tutorial, however, I urge you to also view the full length No Sew Gingerbread Gnome video tutorial here on the YouTube channel. Psst: while you’re there, please subscribe.
More Christmas Gnomes You Might Like
- No Sew Santa Gnome – This easy Christmas gnome comes together in minutes and uses a lot of the same supplies as the gingerbread gnome.
- 3 Minute Sock Gnome – If you have access to some fuzzy socks, let’s make a quick Christmas sock gnome together.
- No Sew Scandinavian Gnomes – These holiday cuties are quite the pair and are made with a hot glue gun. Easy peasy.
Please Share or Save This Free Tutorial
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please consider sharing it to your favorite crafting group on Facebook or to a holiday crafts pin board.