In about 10 minutes, you can make this impressive gnome treat jar wrap using a pre-made placemat and your hot glue gun. This is honestly one of the cutest Christmas gnome crafts I’ve ever made!
Gnome Jar Wrap – An Easy and Quick Gnome Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am inspired by so many things I see at craft stores. ‘Normal’ items are displayed in a way which triggers your brain to start putting things together: paint, brushes, and wood in a holiday display, for example.
But what about placemats? Stay with me… The thing I love about pre-made placemats is that they usually have two different fabrics: the fancy side and the plain side. Well, we’re going to use both to make the easiest Christmas gnome craft ever. Let’s get started.
Save This, Share This
Your shares are how this site grows. If you think this free craft is a good one, please share it to your favorite group on Facebook. Speaking of, be sure to join our group here.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making a Gnome Treat Jar
- Get a contrasting-sided placemat and your work is basically done for you. :) If you can’t find one, determine a way to delineate the body from the hat: a ribbon trim, decorative stitching, etc.
- Make sure the wrap fits the body snuggly. This is the part which will stay on the gnome so we want it secure.
- For the hat, it should be loose so that it is easy to slip on and off. Adding a bit extra in the hem allowance is the best way to do this.
- I used Velcro® sticky-back for fabric ovals for this project, however, you can use the strips, as well. Just make sure you use the sticky backed ones for fabric.
- I used a larger jar for this project (picked up at the Dollar General) which is just bigger than the quart mason jar. That would work very well for this project, too.
How to Make a Gnome Treat Jar Wrap
Friends, this is a quick and easy craft. If you’d like the written tutorial, scroll down (note that you can print it, as well). For those who are visual learners like me, here is the full gnome treat jar wrap tutorial on YouTube. Pssst: while you’re there, go ahead and subscribe – I share fun stuff.
More Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Sock Gnome Santa – In less than 10 minutes, make this guy who will impress everyone!
- Santa Hat Gnome – Using a pattern, hot glue your way to an adorable Christmas gnome with arms.
- Gnome Treat Jar Topper – If you want to cover a small jar, this 5 minute craft is just the thing.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this to your favorite Facebook crafting group if you found this tutorial fun!