Learning how to make a doormat with Cricut was genius because now I have a fun Mickey halloween doormat with pumpkin Mickey!
Mickey Halloween Doormat
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am all about that Mickey life. You can have so much fun making DIY Disney crafts and this Mickey Halloween doormat is particularly fun. Colorful, bright and full of Mickey’s trademark cheer, this is one DIY doormat you won’t want to miss.
The best part, for me, is definitely the pumpkin Mickey design with the big smile and those pumpkin ears. So, grab some outdoor acrylic paint and let’s get started.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips for How to Make a Doormat with Cricut
- Start by grabbing the Halloween Mickey cut file set here. This is such a fun design, you can make anything with it like a card, a sign or any other halloween Mickey craft – so fun.
- Although this particular tutorial is focused on how to make a doormat with Cricut, you are certainly not required to use a Cricut. Not only will this cut file set work for any cutting machine, but it will also work, even if you don’t have a cutting machine. To make this with no cutting machine, just print the design as a template to then cut your vinyl stencil by hand.
- Most of the other DIY doormat crafts I’ve seen will just be one color and they usually recommend something like flex seal or other outdoor spray painting method, but I wanted more color. So I made my doormat with outdoor acrylic paints like these. With a stiff brush and taking time to go over it with multiple coats, the color is going to really pop!
- Although typically when you paint by putting the pigment on top of the material (paint on the paper), with the coir mat, you want it to really be embedded. So, plan on using a stiff stencil brush like this and really get that paint down between the bristles of the mat for the best results.
How Do I Make this Mickey Halloween Doormat?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
If you’re making a Cricut crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our how to make a doormat with Cricut video tutorial.
More Disney Halloween Ideas You Might Like
- Halloween Pumpkin Mickey Ears – These are literally the most fun halloween Mickey ears I’ve ever made – and so easy too!
- Free Hocus Pocus SVG Files for Cricut or Silhouette – Want to spice up your doormat with a little magic? This is for you!
- DIY Disney Costumes for Girls – All the best DIY costumes for all the Disney princesses and more!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Halloween crafts board on Pinterest.