Coming up with DIY halloween crafts is not hard for me, but this mason jar Jack Skellington is one of my favorites this year, one of the funnest Nightmare Before Christmas crafts ever!
Mason Jar Jack Skellington
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are very excited about Halloween this year. We just need something to look forward to this fall. So, of course doing some fun little crafts with a jar, paint and some candy? Pretty much one of the most fun activities I could think of while the kid does distance learning.
Frankly, that 15 minutes I get is one of the most enjoyable periods of my whole day. It’s just enough time to make a sweet little Jack Skellington mason jar or two for a candy jar or luminaries. If you’re ready to make a fun Nightmare Before Christmas craft, l et’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy halloween crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this Nightmare Before Christmas Craft
- First, grab a fun (and perfectly shaped, oddly enough) 500 ml wide mouth mason jar like these here. Not only are these perfect for Jack’s face, but they’re also oddly roomy which is perfect for a little candy stash.
- Decide if you want this easy painted mason jar for halloween for a treat jar (my choice) or a luminary (my second choice). If you want to go with this as a treat jar, be sure to grab some dishwasher-safe Mod Podge. If you’re just going for a luminary, definitely use the (much cheaper) standard Mod Podge.
- Don’t be too upset if the face looks a little off to you. It’s Jack Skellington, he’s supposed to be a little “off”. If you can believe it, his eyes aren’t even usually, well, even. So, if you make him a little wonky, that’s perfectly perfect in every way.
How Do I Make this Mason Jar Jack Skellington?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Nightmare Before Christmas Crafts You Might Like
- Jack Skellington Sleep Mask – I feel a need for a long winter nap (well, maybe just a wee nap before winter because it’s still fall), a sleep mask with Jack eyes? Oh, how wonderful!
- No-Sew Witch Gnome – This gnome SERIOUSLY reminds me of the witches in The Nightmare Before Christmas. Super wickedly cute and fun.
- Nightmare Before Christmas Cupcakes – A little spooky and all fun, these easy cupcakes are a quick and easy way to make a Jack Skellington snack for movie night!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY halloween crafts board on Pinterest.