I found the perfect way to make easy succulent bath bombs and they are SO COOL–they will make the best gifts you can imagine!
Succulent Bath Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about making fun and unique gift ideas. And especially ideas that are an excuse for my gift recipient to have some alone-time in the tub to relax. I just love giving the gift of a bath. So, when I found these succulent sprinkles and had the idea to make cactus bath bombs…well, I couldn’t wait to get making!
And they came together so quick and easy, I almost thought I might have messed-up. But, no, these embed bath bombs are fizzy, fun and super cute. If you’re ready to make a great bath bomb gift, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY bath and beauty board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Cactus Bath Bombs
- Start by grabbing the succulent sprinkles here. I haven’t ever seen anything like them and I love the way that they make these succulent bath bombs go from “empty pot” to “this rocks!”
- Make sure to let your bath bombs dry for at least 24 hours before use–that’ll get the fizzy up as high as possible. Plus, even if the mixture was just a wee bit too wet when you made it, letting them dry out well will still get all the best fizz.
- As far as storing these cactus bath bombs, you will want to keep them in an airtight container. Be sure to let your gift recipient know that, too, so they get the best fizzies.
- You can put more or less fragrance or colorant into your succulent bath bombs as you like-–it’s your recipe when you start making it. But I strongly recommend that you not use your kitchen food coloring. Regular food coloring will turn the bathtub and possibly your skin the color of the bath bomb. So, even though getting mica powder adds another step in the process, it’s an important one.
- These easy cactus bath bombs are basically just a mixture of essential oils, citric acid, and a bit of water (with some other minor ingredients but that’s the basic gist), just like all of my easy bath bomb recipes. But that’s a lot of dry stuff and not a lot of wet. So, if you run into any trouble, add a spritz of alcohol or water. Then try again. Have more trouble? You should check out trouble-shooting bath bombs and shower fizzies.
How Do I Make Succulent Bath Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 4-5 Tiny Terra Cotta Pots (2 inch)
- Combine the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and epsom salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, essential oil blend and alcohol.
- Place the liquid ingredients 1 tsp at a time into the dry ingredients, stirring it together slowly so you don't start the fizz reaction.
- Add in the brown mica powder and stir to combine.
- Lightly dust the inside of each of the terra cotta pots with cornstarch.
- Immediately fill the pots full of the bath bomb mixture, packing it in tightly.
- Gently but firmly press 2-3 succulent sprinkles into each bath bomb top.
- Let the bath bombs to dry in the pots for 24 hours before gently tapping the sides of the pots to release the bath bombs.
- Combine the alcohol and bronze mica powder, making a thick paint. With this bronze paint, coat the outside of each of the bath bombs then allow the paint to dry completely.
- Use your bath bombs immediately or store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use!
For more fun bath bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Embed Bath Bombs You Might Like
- Guacamole Bath Bombs – I just love these sweet and silly bath bombs–that little smile on the sprinkles is everything. And the pit. The PIT!
- Unicorn Bath Bombs – Of course I was going to make a batch of unicorn bath bombs, if you know anything about me.
- Galaxy Bath Bombs – Blast off to some serious relaxation with these fun galaxy bath bombs that have stars and galaxies and all the things!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY self-care board on Pinterest.