Working up this easy no-sew graduation gnome pattern is a fun way to bring a smile to your grad’s face with a unique gift.
Graduation Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are absolutely in love with the idea of giving a truly unique and fun gift when gifting opportunities arise. To be honest, that’s kind of frequent in my life and this time it was a graduation that called for gifts. So, I pulled out my favorite gnome pattern, gave it a new graduation hat and viola!
This graduation gnome pattern is so simple, it’s ridiculous, but it makes for a great way to celebrate their achievement. So, if you’d like to make a graduate gnome in just a few minutes, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite gnome ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Graduate Gnome
- Start by grabbing the graduation gnome hat pattern here. Now, I made this grad hat specifically for the no-sew gnome pattern here that I made a while ago. So, grab that, too, before getting started.
- Let’s talk about customization. I mean, this gnome is NOT intended to be a one-size-fits-all, because each grad is different and unique! By taking a quick second to find out if your grad is going to be wearing a special sash (like from the National Honor Society or some other accolade), or the school does a special color for their robes (blue, green, or red are almost as common as black these days) – making that one extra step is going to make your grad gnome a custom gift they’ll really love.
- If you are making this as your first gnome, let me say “welcome to the fun”, but also, take a quick second to check out my quick tutorial on how to cut gnome beards. This is going to be a critical to making those long, lush, flowy beards that look so amazing.
Get the Gnome Pattern
Click below to get the gnome pattern and be grab the free grad cap pattern, too!
How Do I Make this Graduation Gnome Pattern?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. Be sure to check out the full graduation gnome tutorial here on YouTube.
More No-Sew Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Bubble Body Gnome Pattern – Seriously adorable, this gnome can me made sewn or no-sew and has the most adorable small body that’s super versatile!
- Flower Pot Gnome Pattern – Perfect little gnome for spring (right around graduation time) that moms of grads will really LOVE!
- Easy Farmhouse Gnome Pattern – Quick and easy, this tomte is perfect for a farmhouse tiered tray.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY ideas board on Pinterest.