This fun Golden Snitch Ornament is the perfect Harry Potter party craft or Christmas craft idea. Great for the tree or packages, click to see how fun (and easy) this DIY ornament idea is to make.
Golden Snitch Ornament – A Harry Potter Christmas Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love to share what we’re into and right now, my daughter LOVES Harry Potter. You can see all of our Harry Potter food and crafts here.
Recently, we made some cute wood slice Harry Potter ornaments and this golden snitch ornament is just the perfect accompaniment. We’re sharing a printable for those fun snitch wings, too, so scroll down to the supplies to get started. And before you know it, you’ll be done with your fun Quidditch craft of the golden snitch ornament!
Supplies for a Harry Potter Christmas Craft
Friends, this is one of those ridiculously simple crafts that will have an immediate crafting payoff. Older kids can do this by themselves while the younger set will need a little help.
- miniature golden ornament (the wing template is sized for minis but can be resized)
- gold glitter cardstock
- glue gun (lo-temp if kids are using)
- scissors, pencil
- twine or ribbon
- Snitch wing template (download here)
How to Make a Golden Snitch Ornament
You will be done with this craft in no time. If you would like to add this fun craft to a playlist on YouTube, here is our DIY golden snitch ornament video tutorial.
- Cut the wings from the printable template, trace onto the gold glitter cardstock, and cut out.
- Fold over a small piece of the cardstock so you can glue it directly onto the mini ornament.
- Cut a piece of twine or ribbon and string it through the golden snitch ornament. You’re done!
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library (full of free practice sheets and instructions) and the Exclusive Library (full of free cut files for cutting machines, tips on our favorite craft mediums, and all things fun)!
Please Save This to Pinterest or Share on Facebook
Your shares are this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.