I loved making this geode skull halloween craft. It’s an epic DIY crystal skull that only takes a few minutes!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have a hidden “spooky” side. I mean, I love unicorns and rainbows – but then, I REALLY love all things dark and slightly creepy, too! When I get an idea to crash those two things together like making this geode skull, I can’t help but follow-through.
Such an easy and fun spooky decoration piece, this DIY crystal skull is everything I had hoped. Bright, shiny, dark and spooky, it’s perfect in every way. Snag your paintbrush and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite halloween DIY ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Crystal Skull
- I had a hollow plastic skull from the Dollar Tree last year just sitting around. So, when I had this idea, of course I grabbed that skull and worked with it. You don’t need anything more sturdy than that.
- For the geode portion of this craft, I used some purple crushed glass vase filler. It’s cheap, goes really far, and has great color to make the crystallized part of your skull shine!
- Personally, I used some leftover floral foam I had laying around in the closet to fill in the gap on my skull, but you do not have to use that. Regular foam would work, cardboard, or basically anything stiff. Just fill in the gap, closing it up and creating a concave surface for your crystals – no one will be able to see what’s underneath them.
How Do I Make this Geode Skull?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. Below is the written and printable tutorial. Let me know if you have any questions on this really cool Halloween crafts using the comments section below.
More Halloween Crafts You Might Like
- Candy Corn Gnome Pattern – So fun and definitely unique, this DIY gnome craft is adorable and sweet!
- Spider Mason Jar Craft – If you love halloween crafts, this simple mason jar DIY is right up your dark and creepy alley!
- Boo Spooky Tree Cut File Set – Wanna take a boring tumbler to epic and impactful? Add a spooky SVG!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite halloween crafts board on Pinterest.