I loved making this Dollar Tree geode skull for Halloween because it’s an epic DIY crystal skull that only takes a few minutes.
The best part is that you can customize it to match your Halloween decor and even set this up as a Halloween party craft idea.
RELATED READING: DIY Dollar Tree Crystal Ball Craft for Halloween
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have a hidden “spooky” side. I mean, I love unicorns and rainbows, but love all things dark and slightly creepy, too. When I get an idea to crash those two things together like making this geode skull, I can’t help but follow through.
This DIY crystal skull is fun and easy spooky decoration piece. It’s bright, shiny, dark and spooky – perfect in every way. Grab a paintbrush and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
If you need to gather supplies, save this to your favorite halloween DIY ideas pin board or share it to Facebook. It will make it easier to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make a Crystal Skull
- I had a hollow plastic skull from the Dollar Tree just sitting around. You don’t need anything more sturdy than that.
- For the geode portion of this craft, I used some purple crushed glass vase filler. It’s cheap, goes really far, and has great color to make the crystallized part of your skull shine!
- Personally, I used some leftover floral foam I had laying around in the closet to fill in the gap on my skull, but you do not have to use that. Regular foam would work, cardboard, or anything stiff. Fill in the gap to close it up and create a concave surface for the crystals – no one will be able to see what’s underneath them.
RELATED READING: Black Flame Candle DIY with Free Printable
More Halloween Crafts You Might Like
- Candy Corn Gnome Pattern – So fun and definitely unique, this DIY gnome craft is adorable and sweet!
- Spider Mason Jar Craft – If you love halloween crafts, this simple mason jar DIY is right up your dark and creepy alley!
- Boo Spooky Tree Cut File Set – Wanna take a boring tumbler to epic and impactful? Add a spooky SVG!
Please Save or Share This Dollar Tree Halloween Skull DIY
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite halloween crafts pin board.
How to Make a Geode Skull
Below is the written and printable tutorial. Let me know if you have any questions on this cool Halloween craft using the comments section below.