How to Make a Dollar Tree Crystal Ball Vase for Halloween
This easy Dollar Tree crystal ball vase for halloween is a fun and delightfully wicked twist on a DIY mercury glass vase!
Dollar Tree Crystal Ball Vase
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love making really quick Dollar Tree crafts, but sometimes I go off the rails and (gasp!) spend a little extra on a supply or two that you just can’t find at the Dollar Tree. Frankly, this time, it was absolutely worth the stretch because this Dollar Tree crystal ball vase is a wild ride in spooky-season decor crafting!
RELATED READING: THE BEST HALLOWEEN GNOME TUTORIALS
It’s easy and fun and adds such a fun touch of unexpected sparkle to what might otherwise just be a dark bunch of flowers. I just love this easy Dollar Tree crystal ball vase. Grab your broomstick and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Dollar Tree crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Mercury Glass Vase
- To add a bit of color to my Dollar Tree crystal ball, I tried out some shiny fabric and I was just not impressed. I tell you what really worked and was EPIC: alcohol ink. Yeah, that’s right – a little drip or two of pink, blue and purple alcohol ink and the little bit of color I got was GORGEOUS!
- I got everything I needed to make this whole vase for halloween from the Dollar Tree, with the exception of the mirror spray paint (which is honestly the star of the show) and the alcohol ink. Yeah, seriously. So, dig around at your local Dollar Tree or Family Dollar and you’ll find everything.
- If you want to get a little more action going inside your Dollar Tree crystal ball for halloween, you can add a cut-out of a skull or haunted house. Just a silhouette would be enough to show through the mercury glass vase finish and make this an even spookier craft – but I didn’t think of that until later. Waawaaa…LOL!
How Do I Make this Dollar Tree Crystal Ball Vase?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Halloween Crafts You Might Like
- Four Epic Halloween Porch Sign Cut File Sets – The best designs to make your own vertical porch sign for halloween!
- Adorable Candy Corn Gnome Pattern – So cute and absolutely precious, this sweet trick or treat gnome is simple to make and fun!
- Geode Skull Halloween Craft – Fast and fun to make, this epic halloween craft is so posh looking, I love it!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite halloween crafts board on Pinterest.