Are you looking for a unique craft for this holiday season? Our recommendation is this Cricut cookie box. This beginner Cricut project idea allows you to craft and share Christmas cheer.
A Cricut project like this is right up our alley because it is easy and inexpensive to make. Materials for this project are probably in your craft bin or can be picked up from a local craft store.
RELATED READING: How to Make A Pie Slice Box with the Cricut (free SVG)
What You'll Find On This Page
Free Cookie Gift Box SVG and Tutorial
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we like to think outside the box when it comes to gift-giving. In my opinion, the gift presentation can be just as fun as the present inside.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
Homemade baked goods are one of my favorite holiday gifts to give. What better way to make someone’s day than to share cookies, a cake, or a pie from a favorite family recipe?
When I can make a simple decorative treat box for my baked goods, it feels more meaningful. And as a bonus, it adds a level of elegance to holiday gift-giving.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
Holidays can be crazy busy and we get it! Do you want to make this Christmas cookie gift box, but not right away? Save this to your favorite holiday gift pin board or share it on Facebook and come back to make it later.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Working with Acetate and Cutting Machines
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, and Joy machines are all able to cut the quality acetate I’m using in this tutorial. All you need to do is set the dial to acetate in your custom settings.
- Acetate is a versatile material to use on your Cuddlebug, Brother, Silhouette or Cricut machine. In addition to this Cricut cookie box, you can make gift tags, frames, cards, and cut-outs for your project. Add paint or a cool texture to your acetate for a unique look.
- I get asked a lot if one should use this same material to create stencil. I like the idea, however, acetate tears easily and it may be a one-and-done use. Instead, I recommend using the Cricut Stencil Vinyl for a reusable stencil.
- Speaking of options… If you want to make colored boxes, look for colored acetate sheets and colored overhead transparencies.
Supplies for a Cricut Cookie Gift Box
In order to make this easy food craft idea, you will need the following. Please note that the stamp and wax are obviously optional. :)
- 12 x 12 Acetate sheets
- Standard Grip Mat
- Card Stock (any color)
- Double-sided Clear Tape
- 5/8″ Ribbon
- Wax Seal
- Wax Sticks
- Safety pins
- Free Cricut Box Template SVG File (green, part 1; red, part 2)
How to Make a Cookie Box with a Cricut or Silhouette Machine
Step 1: Upload the free cookie box SVG file to the software. Choose ungroup on the layers panel and then the layer with the fold lines.
Step 2: Select the score lines layer and the main box shape layer.
Step 3: Cut the box.
Step 4: Fold the gift box on the score lines.
Step 5: Connect both parts of the box using double-sided tape.
Step 6: Next, upload the tag file to the design space and then hit make it to cut the tag.
Step 7: Follow the manufacturer’s directions on the wax stick and seal for the tag.
Step 8: Attach a decorative ribbon and the finished wax seal stamped tag to the box and you’re done.
Note: As I mentioned above, there are several choices of colored or foil acetate instead of the standard clear. Take this craft to a whole new level with one of these choices.
More Cricut Crafts You Might Enjoy
- Baby’s First Christmas SVG: Having a new baby during the holidays is the sweetest gift ever! Making and giving this easy craft would be such a cute keepsake
- Farmhouse Wooden Houses Christmas Cricut Craft: Do you love the rustic Farmhouse decor look as much as we do? Wooden houses made with your Cricut machine this Christmas is a craft that will fit in perfectly with your primitive home decor style.
- Make This Fun Ho Ho Ho Michey Christmas Craft: Add some Disney fun to your holiday table with this cute table centerpiece.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please share this easy Cricut project to your favorite Cricut or Christmas pin board or share it on Facebook.