You don’t get more fun with a kid than breaking open a jar of paint and making this apple mason jar craft. As a gift or just a decoration for your kiddo’s desk, they’re going to love making it as much as you love making it with them.
Apple Mason Jar Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have had some free time here recently. Stuck at home and the kiddo wishing school was back in session something fierce. So, we made a little apple mason jar craft to kill some time as a gift for her teacher–or just a decoration for our little at-home desk, because we’re kind of in the air right now.
Really, we just wanted a fun craft to do together and this was where our thoughts went. If you’re ready to get a kiddo engaged in doing a craft they’ll love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mason Jar Apple Craft
- When you paint on the outside and protect it with a quality sealant like the dishwasher-safe ModPodge, you can put absolutely anything in this cute apple mason jar.
- Do not feel like you have to use mason jars. You can use old pickle jars, Ball jars, Kerr jars. Whatever. As long as it’s clear glass, it should work the same as a Mason jar.
- Take your time, but don’t sweat it if it’s a little messy. Each kiddo’s experience is going to be super unique and fun. And even if you’re an adult doing this, nothing says you have to be perfect at painting a jar. Just sayin’.
How Do I Make this Apple Mason Jar Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Kids Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Unicorn Crafts You’ll Love – You don’t get more magical (and occupied) than kiddos making unicorn crafts.
- Fun Gnome Crafts for Kids – If your kiddos love the gnome as much as you do, they can craft right alongside you if you like.
- Emoji Crafts Kids Crack Up Over – Looking for some levity? You just have to grab some yellow paint and start making funny faces!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy kids crafts board on Pinterest.