One of the most fun ways to decorate for July 4th has to be these American flag mason jars. They come together so easily because they are a July 4th Cricut craft that anyone can make!
American Flag Mason Jars
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are obsessed with mason jars lately. They’re just so fun to decorate with. You can make them into vases, pop a tea light into them, or just leave them alone and let them be the decoration. And you can decorate them so many ways!
But, I have been trying hard to come up with ways to decorate mason jars without painting intricate designs. One way I’ve come up with is by adding stickers. Yeah, you read that right. And this set of American flag mason jars is so quick to come together–all because of these Cricut cut stickers.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
If you’re ready make some fun and fast patriotic mason jars, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite digital crafting ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Patriotic Mason Jars
- Start by grabbing the American flag SVG set here. This is the key to make everything SO EASY to actually get the lines straight and all that. Sure, you can just paint it all on. But then it’s a lot more work.
- Grab some full-sheet sticker paper to cut your stripes and stars out of like this sticker paper. You can certainly use heat transfer vinyl or permanent vinyl, but the honest truth is that the sticker paper is so much easier to work with on the round surface of a jar and with such tiny pieces.
- Clean your mason jars–and they can be Ball jars like mine or you can use Kerr jars, whatever. Just make sure they’re clean. You can even use this method on an old vase or coffee mugs. There’s no reason to limit yourself. Just make sure your surface is clean.
- If you plan to use your patriotic mason jars for more than just display pieces (like if you plan to put anything into them), then you definitely want to seal your painted jars with a dishwasher-safe sealant like this dishwasher-safe mod podge. It really does work to keep you paint in place on the glass!
How Do I Make this American Flag Mason Jars?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Easy July 4th Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Marshmallow Launchers – This is the simplest toy you can make in just a few mintues that your kids are going to go insane over. In-sane.
- Ribbon Flag Wands – The perfect way to get kids out of the house on July 4th pretending to make their own fireworks before the big show!
- Patriotic Mini-Gnome – Serious cuteness you can put out with any of your farmhouse decor to give it a pop of whimsical patriotism!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy craft ideas board on Pinterest.