Gnome Lavender Sachet DIY and 4 Reasons Why You Need This!
This gnome lavender sachet is adorable, smells great, and is a work-horse in a closet or drawer. It’s a quick craft that everyone will love and it requires no sewing, so grab your glue gun.
DIY Felt Gnome Lavender Sachet
If you’re new to Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’ll let you in on a secret: I love making DIY gnomes. Scandinavian gnomes, Nordic gnomes – whatever you call them, they always make me smile. And it turns out, I’m not the only one who wants to add these cuties into their decor as gnomes have exploded in popularity over the last couple of years.
A friend of mine, Herchel, is going to share her adaptation of one of my little DIY gnomes. I hope you love it as much as I do.
My name is Herchel Scruggs, blogger behind Gym Craft Laundry and the maker behind the oh-so-adorable lavender sachet gnomes.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
Last summer, my daughter and I adapted Sarah’s Scandinavian Christmas gnome tutorial into a hanging ornament to declutter our craft stash. We didn’t have clay at the time so my resourceful little helper used an Apple Jack (of the cereal variety) for the gnome’s nose. We had such a good time that we went out and bought clay to make a gnome that would last a bit longer and not attract bugs to the tree.
RELATED READING: Gym Craft Laundry’s Popular Burlap Angel Ornament
Reasons You Need This Gnome Lavender Sachet
Here are a few reasons you need these adorable little relaxation-inducing gnomes in your life:
- You’ll add creativity into your life without turning one of your kid’s rooms into a craft room. It’s an easy, quick craft that can be made with scraps.
- There’s always room for a sachet because life can be smelly. This gnome DIY makes it less so.
- Gnomes help you channel their hygge-inspired calming benefits (the lavender helps, too).
- This works in closets, drawers, and cars. See #2 (life is smelly).
- You can make this same craft into a sachet, an ornament, or even a package tag.
No Time to Make This Right Now? Save or Share for Later
If you need to gather up the supplies from your craft room or just want to share how fun this quick gnome craft is, save it to a fun pin board or share it to a crafting group on Facebook. It will be easy to find later.
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Before You Get Started with this Quick Gnome Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we make a LOT of gnome crafts. I love to share things I learn through a project, so here are a few tips:
- Use up your scraps! This is a scrap-busting project, so get creative with the materials you have in your stash. If you have dried rose petals, use those. If you have fabrics instead of felt, those will work, too!
- If all you have on hand is a wide-weave burlap, add a cheesecloth, muslin, or other thin fabric liner so the filling stays in place.
- When using a flimsy fabric (that won’t hold its shape like felt), stuff the gnome hat with Poly-fill or fabric scraps.
- If you don’t have any dried flowers on hand, no problem. Scent scraps or Poly-fill with essential oils.
How Do I Make a Gnome Sachet?
Below is the written tutorial for this quick scrap buster. If you want to add it to your Christmas crafts playlist on YouTube or are a visual learner, here is the gnome lavender sachet video tutorial.
More Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Gnome Treat Jar – Grab a hot glue gun for this quick and easy craft that everyone just ooh’d and ahh’d over!
- DIY Welcome Mat with Gnome – You don’t need a cutting machine to make this adorable welcome mat, just the tricks I share here.
- Gnome Sayings – Want to make your own gift tags for any gnome crafts? Use these gnome sayings and puns.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Do you have a local craft group? Share this with them on Facebook and make it your next craft night project!
Beautiful, I am going to make these Lavender Sachets for my family nd friends.