This clay pot carrot treat jar was fast and easy to make. I picked up what I needed at the Dollar Tree and a craft store but check your stash and see if you have everything you need on hand.
The little ones love to help with easy Easter craft ideas like this, so hand them a foam brush and some paint. Older kids can help with cutting the felt or raffia, and all ages will love to fill this with treats!
What You'll Find On This Page
Clay Pot Carrot
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, decorating for Easter is pretty easy. Carrots, eggs, and bunnies dominate my displays for tiered trays, bookcases, and even on tables. Our color palette is pretty forgiving, so I love finding a fun way to bring it all together while adding in pops of color for each holiday.
I needed a treat jar for my Easter themed kitchen tray – who doesn’t? – and this idea came to me as I was cleaning out the paint stash in my craft room. This treat jar is fast to make and can be used inside as Easter decor or scaled up and placed on a porch. If you’re ready to make this fun Easter craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share It for Later
If you’re gathering supplies or need to check your stash, pin this to your favorite spring crafts pin board or share it to a crafty Facebook group. It’ll be easy to find when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There are affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make Terra Cotta Pot Carrot
- I was able to find all my supplies for this clay pot carrot at the Dollar Tree. You might even find them in your craft room. :)
- You can make this into a large for a porch display and now that I thought of it, I can’t wait to try it. One tip: if you plan to keep your terra cotta pot carrot outside, use outdoor acrylic paint like this. It is formulated for outdoor projects and is going to weather a little better in the sun, wind and rain. I always use a UV spray sealant, as well.
- This easy carrot jar made from a clay pot is perfect as an Easter tiered tray idea. I decided to make a candy dish out of it which is why the top is removable, but you can use it as strictly decor and secure the top. There are no rules here.
- For the top greenery, you can use faux greens, felt, raffia, or even fabric strips. Use what you have on hand.
How Do I Make This Clay Pot Carrot?
Below is the written and printable tutorial. This is a very, very quick craft so be sure to check out some more of my easy Spring and Easter crafts below.
More Easy Easter Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Bunny Coasters – These Dollar Tree Easter bunny coasters are another very, very quick craft that look amazing in your decor or trays.
- Farmhouse Carrot Wreath – A Dollar Tree craft you can really love, this easy carrot wreath is so cute and perfect for the porch!
- Easter Egg Ideas for Decor – If you want a few great ideas for decorating with Easter eggs this spring, these are the best tutorials you’ll find!
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it to Facebook or save it to your favorite Easter crafts pin board.