These awesomely mild and smooth avocado bath bombs are so deliciously moist and fizzy at the same time, it’s like a fun fizzy cloud–that leaves my legs feeling amazing!
Avocado Bath Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are about up-to-here with this whole…everything. I need a break, a smooth release. And these mild, easy and fizzy homemade bath bombs were what I needed to recenter and re-energize.
Also, I was just feeling kind of crusty and dry all the way around with the weather changes–so my body kind of needed that mild fizzy action too. And the real avocado in these DIY bath bombs made my skin feel so silky smooth, I feel like a new lady. Well, at least for the next couple of hours. LOL!
If you’re ready to bring on the fresh, smooth feeling of avocado, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY bath and beauty board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Bath Bombs With Avocado
- These avocado bath bombs are so easy to make but they give you this great moist feeling–and all with one awesome ingredient. All you do is follow the directions below and you won’t be disappointed.
- I typically recommend letting your bath bombs dry for at least 24 hours so they’ll be as fizzy as possible. Plus, when bath bombs dry for that long, if the mixture was accidentally too wet, you’ll still get that awesome fizz.
- To ensure that these DIY bath bombs remain at top-fizziness peak, always keep them stored in an air-tight container of some kind. Even, if you plan to gift them to a friend or neighbor, give them inside that airtight container.
- As with anything you’re making at home, you are always welcome to put as much fragrance or colorant into your avocado bath bombs as you want–it’s your project. But I caution you to never use food coloring–not only will it color your skin but also the bathtub and your towels and everything it might touch. So, stick with the soap colorant or mica powders to be safe.
- This avocado bath bomb is made-up of essential oil, citric acid, polysorbate 80, and a bit of water (with some other stuff but that’s the basic recipe). That’s seriously all there is to it. So, if you’re having trouble getting your bath bombs to hold their shape, they’re probably not wet enough. Just add a little water and try again. But if you keep having trouble, check out this article on trouble-shooting bath bombs and shower fizzies.
How Do I Make Avocado Bath Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Food processor
- Bath bomb molds
- Whisk together baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine coconut oil, avocado scent and avocado in a food processor and pulse to a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly. I typically use my hands to really make sure everything is mixed together and there are no lumps.
- Fill each side of a bath bomb mold with the mixture then press the two sides together with a twisting/grinding motion. Then gently tap each side of the mold and carefully remove the bomb and set aside.
- Leave the bath bombs to sit out overnight to harden and store in an airtight container until you're ready to use them.
For more fun DIY bath bomb recipes, check out Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
More DIY Bath and Beauty Ideas You Might Like
- Fresh Lemon Bath Bombs – These zesty bath bombs are everything I need to make my whole bathroom smell bright and fresh.
- Invigorating Coffee Bath Bombs – For the perkiest wake-you-up smell, these coffee bath bombs are amazing and the make me smell so yummy, I love them!
- Donut Bath Bombs – For a fun and almost silly bath bomb that the kids are going to go bonkers over, make these easy donut bath bombs–they really look like a donut and smell fun.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY bath and beauty board on Pinterest.