These fall felt ornaments patterns are fun to make and are easy enough for little hands to help. Create a fall tree, make an autumn garland, or just tuck these into lunch boxes for a smile-inducing mid-day find.
Included in this set are a gnome, acorn, mushroom, and the most adorable little hedgehog you’ve ever seen.
For even more kid crafting fun, have them create these adorable Gnome Crafts, too!
Free Fall Ornament Patterns
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we encourage the little ones to craft alongside us. When the weather turns, sometimes the kids have a hard time adjusting away from the long, summer days full of sunshine and outdoor play.
To help transition through it, we created some autumn ornament patterns to be used on a tree or without the hang tag as puppets. I’m sharing the free templates for a gnome, hedgehog, mushroom / toadstool, and an acorn.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share it for Later
Need to gather up your felt sheets? Share this to Facebook or save it to a fall crafts pin board to make it easy to find later.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips For Making These Fall Ornaments
- I put the mushroom, hedgehog, acorn, and gnomes into one document full of free felt ornament patterns.
- When crafting with felt, it’s important to let the glue dry fully so that the ornament doesn’t shift or separate.
- If you want to speed up this craft, let the children trace and cut the pieces and you hot glue them. Use a hot glue gun and glue sticks to set everything quickly – this works best when making puppets, as they can play with them sooner rather than later.
- To turn these into puppets, add a popsicle or wood craft stick through the center of each design. Sandwich the stick in the middle and secure with hot glue.
- Let the little ones choose the colors and patterns for their creations. It is tempting to only put out the “traditional” colors for an acorn, for example, but it’s eye-opening to experience how they see each fall item.
- Hand sewing these adorable DIY felt ornaments is also an option. You will need a large needle and embroidery thread in coordinating colors.
- If you would like to use these free patterns in your classroom, feel free to do so, however, do not post the templates anywhere on a list serve, drive, or website. They are copyrighted material.
Free Ornament Patterns and Instructions
The easy directions are listed below. If you have older children, print it off and have them follow it. For younger kids, you can guide the process for them.
More Fun Fall Craft Ideas for Kids
- Make a Leaf Crown for Fall Fun – Head into the yard and gather up some leaves to create a fun Autumn crown (no glue needed).
- Fall Scavenger Hunt Free Printable – Give everyone a breath of that cool, crisp Autumn air and take this scavenger hunt printable outside.
- Cork Pumpkins – This is a fun fall craft that can be painted or left natural.
Please Share or Save This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a Fall crafts pin board or share it on Facebook.