If you love turmeric and it’s anti-inflammatory properties, then this DIY turmeric sugar scrub is perfect for you. It’s a great beginner sugar scrub recipe because it is quick to come together and involves no colorants.
Turmeric Sugar Scrub
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I truly prize the creation of DIY bath products. I save time, money, and am in full control of the ingredients. Naturally, I’m always coming up with new and fun DIY bath salts and sugar scrub recipes to make.
And, though I don’t use this turmeric sugar scrub every day, it’s definitely a fun, fresh feeling that I get after a good scrub-down. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY sugar scrub ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Turmeric Scrub
- Store this in an air-tight container but use quickly (can be stored in the refrigerator for a remarkable experience).
- I like to use this turmeric sugar scrub in the shower and not the bath because turmeric can stain some tubs.
- Both sugars are great for exfoliating and the almond and vitamin E oils are natural moisturizers. The anti-inflammatory properties in the turmeric powder will soothe your skin.
- To use, wet your skin with warm water and apply the turmeric sugar body scrub and rub into the skin in a circular motion. Rinse the scrub off with warm water and gently pat dry with a towel. Then, apply your favorite skin moisturizer to seal in the moisture.
How Do I Make This Turmeric Sugar Scrub?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 almond oil
- 3-4 drops Vitamin E oil
- 2 Tablespoons ground turmeric powder
- 10-12 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- Add all of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Stir well to incorporate the oils.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to one month.
For more fun DIY bath salts and sugar scrub recipes, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
More DIY Sugar Scrub Ideas You Might Like
- Lemon Sugar Scrub Cubes – One of my favorite, go-to DIY bath recipes, I can’t tell you how much this original citrus scrub recipe has become a staple in my tub! And it’s a solid which makes it easier to use.
- Rainbow Foot Soak – When it’s been a long day and my muscles are sore, I get a little excited about enjoying this amazing rainbow foot soak. You have to try it if you get sore feet.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY sugar scrub ideas board on Pinterest.