If your’e looking for the perfect teacher appreciation cupcake, these easy ruler cupcakes for teacher appreciation day are so awesomely fun–you’ll definitely need them.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about telling the kiddo’s teachers that we love and appreciate them. So, when it comes time for teacher appreciation day and all that, we kind of go all out. And one of our favorite things to do is to come up with fun cupcake ideas just for the teachers that they’ll really love.
Our most recent invention, between the kiddo and I, is these awesomely fun ruler cupcakes. They’re the perfect teacher appreciation cupcakes and I adore how fast they come together. Definitely one of the funnest too. If you’re ready to make a fun cupcake for teacher appreciation day, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make teacher Appreciation Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcakes. I always break out my recipe for Lazy Girl Cupcakes–because it’s no-fail and just consistent. If you can follow a recipe, you can totally make these cupcakes, every time.
- Never, ever frost your cupcakes while they’re still warm. They may be super tasty warm, but frosting and warm cupcakes just makes a mess. So, let those cupcakes cool.
- So, I have a dirty little secret for this ruler cupcake recipe that really makes them super fast to decorate: I used canned frosting. Yeah. I know. I’ve been making my own buttercream recently. But, with the Teacher Appreciation luncheon coming quick, I had to make something fast. So, canned it was.
How Do I Make Ruler Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of Your Favorite Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 Can of Your Favorite Vanilla Frosting
- 12 Vanilla Sugar Wafers
- Chocolate Writing Icing
- Bake your cupcakes per the directions in the recipe and allow them cool completely before decorating.
- Frost each cupcake generously with vanilla frosting then set aside.
- With the chocolate writing icing, draw ruler marks on each vanilla sugar wafer.
- Place a wafer on top of each cupcake and enjoy!
For more fun teacher appreciation cupcakes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Teacher Appreciation Cupcakes You Might Like
- Sliced Apple Cupcakes – This is the easiest cupcake you can make with the most basic of materials–and yet they look stunning!
- Adorable Wormy Apple Cupcakes – Love your kiddo’s teacher but you have a salty side? That’s cool. Here’s a little tongue in cheek funny cupcake for teachers.
- Easy Paper Cupcakes – So funny and surprisingly easy to make, I love these paper cupcakes so much I want them now. LOL!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy teacher appreciation ideas board on Pinterest.