There’s this upcoming teacher appreciation luncheon and I committed to making these sliced apple cupcakes–and I’m so excited to be bringing them for the best teachers ever!
Sliced Apple Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we take teacher appreciation day pretty seriously. No jokes, the kiddo is on top of it and is seriously into the idea of thanking her teachers for being available to her. So, as a result, I take it pretty seriously too. So, I volunteered this year to bring apple slice cupcakes to the teacher appreciation luncheon.
Easy to make and really yummy (sorry, but I had to taste one!), these sliced apple cupcakes really are a great cupcake decorating idea for anyone that needs a quick cupcake. Let’s get started.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Teacher Appreciation Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcakes. I always break out my recipe for Lazy Girl Cupcakes–because it’s no-fail and just consistent. And it calls for pretty standard stuff, nothing weird that I might not have on any given day.
- Never, ever ice your cupcakes without waiting for the cupcakes to cool completely. Any amount of frosting and warm cupcakes just makes a mess. So, let me say it for the folks in the back–wait for the cupcakes to cool.
- So, I have a secret for this recipe that really made it take almost no time to decorate: I used canned frosting. Yeah. I know. I’ve been making my own buttercream. But, with the Teacher Appreciation luncheon coming quick, I had to make something fast. So, canned it was.
- Wanna get that red red red out of your frosting? You have to use gel food coloring like this. It’s just impossible to get that bright of a color, otherwise.
How to Make Sliced Apple Cupcakes
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Teacher Appreciation Ideas You Might Like
- Notebook Paper Cupcakes - If you really want an easy cupcake decorating idea that the kids can help with, you can sit them down with a ruler and a food marker to help make these!
- Chalkboard Graham Crackers - Ok. If you're talking a cute teacher appreciation treat idea, this is it. Every teacher would love to have this easy cookie in a little baggie on her desk.
- Apple Cupcakes with a Worm - Hear me out, though, the teacher isn't going to feel slighted at all--and older kiddos are going to really get a kick out of this one.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.