These pink muddy buddies are a pink party food that will WOW! It has something for everyone with a mix of salty and sweet.
Pink Muddy Buddies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I like to share pretty things. From our Pretty and Preppy Marshmallow pops to the cutest little unicorn hoop, paying attention to presentation really shows. But friends, I don’t want to sacrifice how something tastes just to make sure it’s pretty.
These pink muddy buddies will WOW with their aesthetic and with each scrumptious bite. If you’ve never made this fun party snack, I’m about to blow your mind. From sweet to salty, we’ve got everyone covered (and they’re all pretty in pink).
No Time to Make This Now? Save This to Pinterest
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
When and Where to Serve Pink Chex™ Snack Mix
Okay, so it’s pretty and all – take another look – but where would you serve this Perfectly Pink puppy chow? Here are a few ideas:
- a baby shower – How perfect is this snack mix for a baby shower? Anyone expecting a little girl?
- Pinkalicious party – Seriously. Could there be anything better than all pink… everything?!
- sleepovers – If you have family coming in, grab all the kids and serve them up this snack mix.
- a ballerina birthday party – You can make cups with this mix and these ballet slipper lollipops.
Is this pink muddy buddy recipe a perfect match for your party? Let me know in the comments!
What You’ll Need to Make This Chex Mix Snack
This is an easy recipe, friends, and it doesn’t take too much time to put together at all. You won’t need to turn on the oven, so this pink party food idea is perfect even for summer. Gather the following:
- candy melts (we used bright pink, pink, and white)
- Chex™ Mix
- powdered sugar
- pink sanding sugar
- optional, pink and white chocolate covered candies (like Sixlets)
You might be saying, “Wait. That’s it?” Yep – you don’t need much which is what makes this a perfect party food. You’ll also need to grab some large zip-top plastic bags, a baking sheet, and some wax paper.
Pink Muddy Buddies
- 1/3 cup pink candy melts (we got ours here)
- 1/3 cup bright pink candy melts (get them here)
- 1/3 cup white candy melts (get them here)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pink sanding sugar
- 6 cups Chex™ Mix
- optional, pink and white chocolate coated candies like these
- Line a baking tray with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place all bright pink candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt per the package instructions.
- Add 2 cups Chex™ cereal into a bowl and pour the melted bright pink candy on top. Fold until the cereal is coated.
- Place powdered sugar and sanding sugar into a zip-top bag and mix. Add the candy-coated cereal and mix (it's fun for kids to move the bag around).
- Turn the candy and sugar-coated cereal out onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat steps above for the other two colors, however, do NOT coat the white in the sanding sugar.
- Allow the muddy buddies to set completely before combining. You can choose to add a few candies to the mix like we did, or add pretzels for a sweet-and-salty snack mix.
Store Muddy Buddies in an airtight container on the counter.
Fore more fun party recipes, visit RufflesAndRainBoots.com
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g
All nutrition information is estimated. Please calculate your exact brands and ingredients when accuracy is desired.
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library, the Exclusive Library, and be kept up to date on all tasty treats!
You Might Also Like…
If you’re seeing out more party (and pink party) food, here are a few of our favorites:
- Pretty and Preppy Pink Dipped Marshmallow Pops
- A Delicious (and Ridiculously Easy) Strawberry Milkshake
- Unicorn Foods You’ll Actually Make at Home
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.