This paper fireworks craft is a fun activity for the 4th of July and is perfect for the little ones afraid of fireworks. Get all of our tips to make them with small hands.
What You'll Find On This Page
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we get it. Despite the BBQ and July 4th desserts–basically the big birthday party, kids aren’t always ready for the pop and hiss of the fireworks. It can be really frightening.
That’s why these paper fireworks are perfect. They’re quiet, they let the kids celebrate indoors so they’re not even hearing the bangs and pows. And they’re able to touch and play without fear. I just think they’re awesome. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite firework craft for kids board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Firework Craft for Kids
- If you want to make these last, use craft foam and increase the size by 2-3 inches for each piece.
- Want to make this more magical? Add some glitter to the strips of paper and seal it with a light coat of ModPodge.
- Make 10-12 of these cute paper fireworks and put them in a mason jar for a fun centerpiece at your July 4th BBQ!
How Do I Make these Paper Fireworks?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a firework craft for kids playlist on YouTube, here is our paper fireworks video tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More July 4th and Fireworks Craft Ideas You Might Like
- DIY Marshmallow Launchers – If the kids need something else fun to do (when do they not need something else fun to do) let’s get ’em launching!
- Paper Fireworks – Perfect for kids who get spooked by the loud noises of fireworks
- July 4th Ribbon Wands – Super fun fine motor skills craft for the kids, but then hours of fun waving them around!
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite July 4th firework craft ideas pin board.