I made this fun and beautiful Mother’s Day bouquet for a quick ding dong ditch gift for a friend with this Cricut bouquet pick – so easy!
Mother’s Day Bouquet
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we LOVE gifting. But the honest truth is that, sometimes, I feel like the things I make are pretty non-specific. Not today, though. I wanted this DIY Mother’s Day bouquet to be a clear gift for my friend. No doubts about it.
So I made this easy “Happy Mother’s Day” Cricut bouquet pick that you can cut in less than 5 minutes and pop into any flower arrangement. So simple, you can customize it to any color, use glitter card stock, anything really. So, grab your pot and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Cricut crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make a Cricut Bouquet Pick
- First, grab the cut file here for the Happy Mother’s Day bouquet pick. You can get butterflies or flowers or any other little additions to the bouquet on Cricut Design Space. You can add as many of those or as few as you’d like – I just thought they were a nice touch.
- Grab a terra cotta pot like these that you can paint, fill with any kid of real or faux flowers in a little floral foam and you’re ready to go!
- Keep in mind that when you’re cutting card stock with your Cricut or Silhouette, you need to start with a clean fine point blade. I will be honest, I have avoided card stock projects after the first few times because it just didn’t seem to be working out – and then I cleaned my blade, tried again and WOW! It was like night and day. A clean blade will cut through card stock like butter – but a dirty one will ruin every sheet.
How Do I Make this Mother’s Day Bouquet?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Permanent vinyl (color and texture of your choice)
- Card Stock (color and texture of your choice)
- Wooden Skewers
- White gloss spray paint (or color of choice)
- Tera Cotta pot and saucer (8-inch)
- Floral foam brick
- Faux flowers (real flowers, if desired)
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Weeding tool
- Scrapper tool
- Hot glue gun
- Craft Knife
- Transfer paper
- Green standard grip may
- Start by using the white spray paint to paint the terra cotta pot and saucer. Apply a thin coat, to avoid dripping, and allow the paint to dry completely before adding a second coat, if desired.
- Download the "Happy Mother's Day" flower pick and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Find any additional elements (such as butterflies, bees, etc.) to add to your pot and flowers. Size all of the elements, as desired, then set the image to cut. Take care to clean your blade before cutting the card stock paper each time to help get a clean cut.
- Weed your vinyl and card stock elements. Set aside the card stock elements.
- With the vinyl elements, place the transfer paper on top of the vinyl designs, then rub it down, to stick the vinyl to the transfer paper. Peel the transfer paper away from the paper backing sheet, pulling the vinyl design away as well.
- Place the vinyl design in place on the terra cotta pot using the transfer paper to hold it in place. Rub the vinyl design down in place, then peel the transfer paper away, leaving the vinyl design on the pot.
- Hot glue a the top of a wood skewer to the back of the Happy Mother's Day card stock element, repeating with any additional card stock elements like I did with the butterflies.
- Using the pot's diameter as a guide, cut down the floral foam brick to fit inside. If using real flowers, you will want to soak this foam in water to help keep the flowers hydrated. Fit the foam into the pot.
- Place the flowers into the foam brick, tucking them into a pleasing arrangement. Add the wood skewers and get ready to gift it!
For more fun gift ideas for mom, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More DIY Gifts for Mom You Might Like
- Elegant Bee Gnome – This is literally one of the most beautiful gnomes I’ve made and it is definitely a perfect gift for mom!
- Awesome Mom Mug Craft – If your mom is all about that cuppa in the morning, this super easy DIY mug for mom is PERFECT!
- Mother’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs – Give her something tasty to add to that mug with this quick and fun DIY hot cocoa bomb she’ll love!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY gifts board on Pinterest.