For the manly man that wants a little fun in his bath or shower, too, we came up with these manly shower fizzies. They’re the manly bath bomb he’s been waiting for.
Manly Shower Fizzies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are a little addicted to making bath bombs and shower fizzies. Who are we kidding?! We’re TOTALLY addicted. Between making allergy relief shower fizzies and all of the fun that just comes with making all the bath bombs ever.
And I love to share my shower fizzies with the hubby, but he asked for his own manly bath bombs, so I took a whack at making these manly shower fizzies. They’re pretty cool, if you say so myself.
These manly shower fizzies are also long lasting. Our mix of scents combines sandalwood with mint to produce a “non-girly” aromatic shower. The rough-hewn look of them just screams, “I don’t need to stop and ask for directions!” LOL!
Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite manly shower fizzies board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make a DIY Bath Bomb for Men
- Remember to store them in an air-tight container. They’re not much use if they get wet before you can get in the shower with them.
- When you’re ready to use them, place one melt in the shower out of the direct spray but where it will get wet. The scent is released as the water breaks down the mix.
- To turn them into manly bath bombs instead of manly shower fizzies, just use a round bath bomb mold instead of a flat-bottom one. Simple.
How Do I Make this Manly Shower Fizzies?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and if you have any questions, please let me know in the comments.
- ½ cups baking soda
- ½ cup Epsom salts
- Witch hazel in a spray bottle
- ½ cup citric acid
- 5 drops Mint essential oil
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- Flat-bottomed mold for shower fizzies or round mold for bath bombs
- In a large bowl combine baking soda, Epsom salts, and citric acid until very well combined.
- Next stir in each of your essential oils and the colorant if you are using it until your desired shade is reached. While you don’t need to color this shower bomb I think it makes it much prettier, especially if it will be on display or you are gifting it.
- Spritz your mixture with witch hazel and mix with your hands, repeat just until the ingredients hold a shape when smashed together in your hand, but not so wet that it begins to fizz and drip.
- Press fizzy mixture into your mold and pack it down well. For the rough-hewn look, overpack half of a bath bomb mold.
- Allow the shower fizzies to dry overnight IN THE MOLD until the shower bomb is hard and firm. Gently remove bombs from the mold by turning them upside down over your hand. If they are reluctant to release, gently tap a metal spoon on the top and sides of the mold while it is placed face-down on a towel.
- Store in a jar or another airtight container until ready to use.
- To use, place one melt in the shower out of the direct spray but where it will get wet. The scent is released as the water breaks down the mix.
For more fun bath bomb recipes, check out RufflesandRainboots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Bath Bombs You Might Like
- Decongestant Bath Bombs – Break-up congestion with a little shower fizzy recipe that’s so handy, you’ll want to make them just have them ready for the sniffles.
- Lemon Vanilla DIY Bath Bombs – It’s not as girly as it sounds, but if he likes the manly bath bombs, he might enjoy a little lemon action, too.
- Allergy Shower Fizzies – When your dude needs some help with the allergies, he might like a little shower fizzy to help make it all stop.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite manly shower fizzies board on Pinterest.