These adorable love monster cupcakes are the BEST cupcake decorating idea for Valentine’s Day. The kids absolutely love to join in on the fun!
Adorable Love Monster Cupcakes
These love monster cupcakes are so much fun to make AND eat. Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love sharing fun Valentine’s Day cupcake recipes with you. But this one might the kid’s favorite.
If you aren’t a cupcake decorating guru (I’m not, either), these monster cupcakes are perfect because they let the frosting and tip do all the work. The best part is that the kids can be 100% responsible for decorating these as they see fit.
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
The Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe Ever!
If you’re looking for a great – and ridiculously tasty – vanilla cupcake recipe, this is it! It’s easily doubled or tripled and because it’s just for 12 cupcakes, it’s perfect for when you just want a few.
Tips to Make the Best Valentine’s Day Monster Cupcakes
If you’re new here, I need to tell you – I love, love, love cupcakes! They seem less daunting than a cake and I can decorate them all the same or go wild. Below are some tips to make your best love monster cupcakes ever.
- Don’t try too hard. These should wild!
- Get crazy with the decorations. Add a lot of candy eyes or make licorice arms. Three eyes? Sure!
- The kids love to see a bunch of differently-decorated monster cupcakes.
- Use various-sized icing tips (I use inexpensive couplers to make changing tips easy).
- To get the “spaghetti” frosting, be sure to let the frosting drop onto the cupcake. It might go a bit off the edge of the cupcake. If it does, wet your finger and gently push it back on.
- Note: if you’re creating a Valentine’s Day cupcake playlist on YouTube, here is our video of all Valentine’s Day cupcakes on Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
Other Valentine’s Day Cupcakes You Might Like
I mentioned that I love cupcakes, right? Let me give you a glimpse into my crazy... Here are a few more Valentine's Day cupcake decorating ideas you might like:
- Teddy Bear Cupcakes - Cuties for your cuties! Seriously, these are adorable.
- Hilarious Poop Emoji Cupcakes - They are as funny as you think and draw a chuckle.
- See all of Ruffles and Rain Boots' Valentine's Day cupcakes here.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save it to Pinterest or share on Facebook.