These cute love bug cupcakes are perfect for Valentine’s Day! Use just a few supplies to really make a special treat. Let’s get started.
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Love Bug Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day
Easy cupcake decorating ideas are a staple in this house. Adorable little treats are only really cute when everyone is happy with them, including the person making them!
These love bug cupcakes are an easy cupcake idea that will please everyone. Can’t you just the look on their faces already? Let’s get started, but first a few tips for this adorable fun and easy Valentine’s Day cupcake recipes.
Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
If you don’t have a go-to vanilla cupcake recipe, I recommend our easy vanilla cupcake recipe. ;) It only uses ingredients you’ll have on hand and you’ll be done in no time.
Tips for Making This Fun Cupcake Decorating Idea
As I mentioned, I like easy. Here are a few ways to make these love bug cupcakes even easier to whip up.
- Make-Ahead Preparation Ideas:
- Bake the cupcakes the day before and store them on the counter in a sealed container.
- Cut the licorice ahead of time.
- Make the faces and let them dry so the kids can just add them easily.
- If you use store-bought frosting, buy 2 cans for 12 cupcakes.
- Give the kids a blank candy melt and a few food-writer pens to let them make their own love bug faces!
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library, the Exclusive Library, and be kept up to date on all tasty treats!
Love Bug Decorating
- Prepare vanilla cupcakes and set aside to cool. Our easy vanilla cupcake recipe yields 12.
- While the cupcakes are baking, move 1/2 the cupcake frosting into a bowl and color it to your desired pink (we used just 3 or 4 drops). Mix until incorporated.
- Frost cupcakes with white frosting (you can do the entire thing or just the back half). Then, frost the love bug cupcakes with the pink frosting on about 3/4 of the cake. Leave a "V" in the back to denote open wings.
- Cut licorice antennae to your desired length.
- Place a dab of leftover frosting on the back of each candy eye and affix two onto each pink candy melt. Draw a smile with the edible marker.
- To assemble the love bug cupcakes, add the licorice antennae to the front of the cupcake (opposite side of the "V)." Use frosting to add the candy face on top. Finally, add three heart sprinkles to each of the pink wings. And you're done!
More Dessert Recipes >>>> RufflesAndRainBoots.com <<<<
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 681Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 107gFiber: 0gSugar: 89gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.