These kawaii rock painting food story stones are so adorable! Perfect for a kid’s craft, let’s get started with this fun rock painting idea.
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
All Things Kawaii
I’m sure it’s the same with all kids – they find something they like and then absolutely everything becomes about that one thing.
Clothes. Food. Toys. Crafts.
We are ALL things Kawaii in our house right now. But we love it – check out our popular Kawaii rock painting ideas:
- Kawaii Face Rock Painting – How to Paint Circles on Rocks
- Kawaii Weather Story Stones – Makes Such a Great Gift!
If you’re a rock painter, you know the materials matter. We’ve created a piece of art to be placed inside and pampered and have made rocks to withstand the weather. Either way, the right supplies can make or break the project.
- clean rocks (we just use soap and water)
- paint (acrylic paints and our favorite paint pens)
- small paintbrush and a foam brush
- sealant (we use ModPodge to seal the pens and a wipe-on polyurethane to seal)
How to Make Kawaii Rock Painting Food Stones
For our stones, we chose bright colors and food that made my daughter happy. Basically, it’s all the junk food she doesn’t get to eat!
- Using a pencil, lightly draw (or trace) a design. If using dark rocks like we did, fill in the entire drawing with white acrylic paint. It doesn’t have to look good.
- Color in your primary colors and accents. Once dry, top with cute Kawaii faces.
- Cover any paint pens in ModPodge. Let dry and then seal the rock with polyurethane.
Over to You
Do you love the Kawaii rocks? I must admit, though it’s my daughter who brought this trend to me, I have really grown to love their adorable little faces.