Create these adorable Kawaii flamingo rock painting ideas using just a few colors of paint. Use any style or size of rock you have on hand to get started.
Read below to learn how to draw a flamingo in two styles, the tips and tricks to create bright, vibrant colors on dark rocks, and the cleanest lines and outlines.
Flamingo Painted Rocks in Two Styles
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’m moving from Seattle, WA to Austin, TX soon and there a few things I refuse to move: potting soil, scrap wood, and random rocks. It so happens that neighbors loved the soil and wood but I didn’t have a single taker on the rocks. Shocking, yes? haha
I decided to create a little set of summer-themed rocks for my daughter to hide at the neighborhood park and this group was born. Two flamingos and a little gnome wearing a flamingo print hat – I just love the colors.
No Time to Make This Now? Please Save or Share for Later
If it’s midnight and you know you should be sleeping instead of looking at cute crafts (I get it), save this to a DIY pin board or share it on Facebook. It will make it easier to find when you’re rested.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making Rock Paintings with Bright Colors
- Always, always, always paint a base layer of white. You can use chalk paint, acrylic, or gesso, but lay it down to help your colors pop.
- Lightly pencil in the design if you’re working with lighter hues or less saturated colors. Erasing sometimes creates a bigger mess than if you just would have left the errant pencil marks…
- The basic shapes for a flamingo in Kawaii style are:
- a circle for the head,
- a hook for the beak,
- a sideways tear drop for the body,
- a candy cane,
- lines for legs (in a backward 4 shape), and
- simple triangles for the feet.
- Below, I share how to create the Kawaii flamingo painting but all three rocks are shared in the full tutorial on YouTube.
How to Draw a Kawaii Flamingo and Paint it in Summer Colors
Below is the written and printable tutorial for the Kawaii flamingo painted rock. For a tutorial on all three, watch the full length How to Paint Flamingo Rocks for Summer on YouTube.
While you’re there, go ahead and subscribe. We have a lot of fun with crafts and simple DIYs for everyone.
More Rock Painting Ideas You Might Like
- Kawaii Face Rock Painting – This is SO popular because it’s easy and I give you fun tricks to make the faces without having to actually draw anything.
- Kawaii Food Story Stones – These adorable little rocks were inspired by the vintage dancing food court items at the start of movies. It went horribly awry. LOL
- Kawaii Weather Story Stones – Make a set of adorable story stones to help little humans learn the weather and create their own tales.
Please Save or Share This Easy Rock Painting Idea
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to an easy DIY pin board or share it with a crafty group on Facebook.