If you want a truly gold slime recipe, check out this easy recipe. It starts with a crystal clear slime base and is colored with glitter and powder to give it that WOW! effect.
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
What You'll Find On This Page
The Secret to Pearlized Color Slime
We love making different slime recipes here at Ruffles and Rain Boots. Slime for young kids, older kids, and adults. Some of our slime fun:
- Fluffy Slime – For When You Just Want Something Poofy
- Easy Gitter Slime – No Really, It’s SUPER Easy
- Wine and Slime Party – Because We Should Enjoy This Stuff, Too!
But we’ve never been able to use white glue for bright, pearlized colors. The color never really popped, no matter the coloring or glitter we used.
After a little tinkering, I discovered the secret to gold slime…
Gold Slime Recipe – Midas Touch Slime Ingredients
We used half of the recipe. Be sure to click through for all the ingredients and measurements for the clear slime recipe here. It isn’t our recipe, so we don’t feel okay sharing it here.
- clear glue
- borax activator solution
- mica powder (we used gold from this set)
- holographic gold extra fine glitter (ours was from this set – it’s pretty awesome)
- lemon essential oil (optional)
Watch How Easy It Is to Make Shiny Gold Slime
If you like to watch how to make slime video tutorials, we’ve included our popular video right here in this post – scroll up!
How to Make Pearlized, Bright Gold Slime
We made this slime in just minutes. The color is so intense, but the work isn’t. #happyday
- Add the glue and water together. Stir until the glue is incorporated.
- Mix in the activator (start with 1 tablespoon and add incrementally) and stir. Go slowly until the mass forms. If needed, add a little more activating solution until the mass is fully formed after stirring.
- Stretch the slime slowly – see this article for tips about clear slime. Once it’s lost some of its stickiness, knead it by hand until no longer sticky.
- Lay the slime flat on a protected surface and add in sprinkles of mica powder. We didn’t measure, just layered it over the slime. We used about half a one-ounce bag. Slowly stretch the slime and fold in the mica powder.
- Add in glitter. We used about 3/4 of the 10g bottle.
- Store in an airtight container.
Over to You
Who are you making this slime for? If it’s you, that’s a great start to getting a smile on your face. If you’re making this for a gift, be sure to gift it in an airtight container. And please share this!
Please Share This on Facebook and Pinterest