This blue crystal slime is amazing – it has a crystal clear slime base and a pearlized powder coloring that will knock your socks off. Let’s get started!
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Crystal Clear Slime – Elusive, But Doable
We love slime here at Ruffles and Rain Boots. Slime for young kids, older kids, and adults. Check out our favorite slime recipes here, or a few below are:
- Slime for Young Kids – Coconut Fluffy Slime
- The Secret to Deep Color Slime
- Slime for Adults – A Wine and Slime Party
But we’ve never made crystal clear slime. I used a professional’s slime recipe for clear slime instead of trying to make it on my own! We used the clear slime recipe from Little Bins for Little Hands with a few adjustments. She’s a professional slime maker, friends, and she’s written an amazing book, “Ultimate Slime Guide.”
Blue Crystal Slime Ingredients
Get all the clear slime recipe measurements here. Note: we used only half the recipe she shares. It isn’t our recipe, so we don’t feel okay sharing it here.
- clear glue
- borax activator solution
- mica powder (we used aquamarine from this set)
- tangerine essential oil (optional)
You know what you don’t see here? Glitter! You honestly don’t need it, but if you’d like to add it, to incorporate it after the mica powder.]
Mica Powder and Clear Slime Recipe Video
We made a gold slime the exact same way as this gorgeous blue crystal slime. Have a look-see or read the instructions below to make slime with mica powder.
How to Make Slime with Mica Powder
- Add the glue and water together and stir to combine.
- Mix in the activator solution (start with 1 tablespoon) and stir until the mass starts to form. Go slowly – the bubbles will form, making the slime not so very clear. Add a little more activating solution until the mass is fully formed after stirring.
- Stretch the slime slowly – see this article for tips about clear slime – and knead it by hand until it is no longer sticky.
- Lay the slime flat and add in sprinkles of mica powder. We didn’t measure, just layered it over the slime. See the video for how much. Slowly stretch the slime and fold in the mica powder so it doesn’t go all over the place.
- Store slime in an airtight container.
Over to You
Have you ever made clear slime and added mica powder? It might be our new obsession because it makes slime so shiny and silky!
Please Share This on Facebook and Pinterest