Let’s talk about all the cuteness you can make in a few hours with this free crochet gnome pattern. This easy pattern will work up to be an adorable mini gnome or a gnome ornament.
Free Crochet Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have an admitted gnome obsession (stick around, it will become quite obvious). If there’s one thing I know about myself, it’s that if there’s a gnome to be made, I’ll figure out how to make it. Nothing is going to stop me and the latest experiment was attempting to make my own crochet gnome pattern.
And can I just say, this easy gnome crochet pattern is so much fun! One piece, which is nice, fun to make and basically the bee’s knees of a simple crochet pattern. If you’re ready to crochet a gnome, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy gnome patterns board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Free Gnome Crochet Pattern
- Confession: the yarn I used, Yarn Bee Goodness Grapefruit set of mini-skeins, is out of stock. You can use any fingering or fine weight yarn to make this little mini-gnome, though. And if you want a set of mini-skeins like I used, there are a lot out there, like this set that has some great color combination options.
- Make sure you have one of the teeny-tiny size E crochet hook like this one. You are not going to find that size in a normal set of hooks that you might have lying around. Trust me, this one is in the “tiny size hooks” sets only.
- Get ready to have some fun. Making this gnome is so fun and just a little silly. They’re really basic, normal beginner stitches for the most part but the pattern includes fun things like making the brim and the beard that are totally unique.
How Do I Make this Free Crochet Gnome Pattern?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. You can read below or print off the pattern (read the tips above first). Just add this free crochet gnome pattern to your cart.
More Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Cozy Gnome Pattern – If you sew, you’re going to love this easy gnome pattern. It’s simple, fast and super cuddly. Basically a gnome with squish.
- The Best No-Sew Gnome Pattern – So quick to come together, this no-sew gnome pattern makes a little gnome with a cute tush and a “face” everyone will love!
- Gnome Knitting Pattern – This easy gnome knitting pattern might be of interest to you. It works up easily and produces a bold 7 inch or 9 inch gnome!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite free crochet patterns board on Pinterest.