These paper roll reindeer make the easiest and most adorable Christmas kid’s craft idea. Younger and older toddlers can make this with a little glue, pipe cleaner and pompoms.
Paper Roll Reindeer Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love easy crafts that use basic supplies. Paper rolls are available from every store (or from your own home), pompoms are loved by nearly all children, and pipe cleaners are a staple for the art bin.
Using these kid-friend craft supplies, set up this easy Christmas craft for the little ones. Once they’re made have the kids put on a puppet show (make this Santa paper roll) or these three wisemen for accompaniment)… Okay, they’re gnomes but listen, they can work as wisemen, right?
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
If you need to gather up some supplies, save this to your favorite crafting pin board or share it a fun Facebook group for parents.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Setting Up This Fun Christmas Craft Idea
- If you’re just setting up a little craft area for the kids, choose a starter craft kit for kids like this. Big bonus: it’s all contained.
- Use paper rolls from the house or these sturdy paper tubes if you’d like to make a keepsake ornament or display piece for the grandparents.
- If you have littles younger than 2.5, you might want to cut the pipe cleaners in advance and let them tie them on.
- Googly eyes tend to move around a bit until the glue sets. If you’d like, glue them on and give the paper roll with eyes to the younger kids.
- My daughter LOVED the color and glitter glues out there – consider getting a colorful kit for your craft room. We love ours and replenish it still.
How to Make the Reindeer Paper Roll
Below is the written tutorial. Note that you can print it out and take the instructions with the image collage to the table for the kids to follow.
- paper roll
- red, black, or brown pom poms (nose)
- small googly eyes
- brown pipe cleaners (antlers)
- ribbon (scarf)
- glue (or glue gun with supervision)
- Glue the eyes and nose onto the paper roll.
- Wrap ribbon around the paper roll under the nose for a quick scarf.
- Bend a full pipe cleaner into a v-shape and place inside the paper roll. You can glue or leave it the antler poised there until after the next step.
- Cut another pipe cleaner down into 2 or 3 inch pieces with scissors (can use the ruler).
- Twist the pieces onto the each antler and shape as desired and display your reindeer paper roll!
Paper roll crafts make creative and easy puppets for pretend play. Be sure to check out all of the paper roll crafts (many with printable templates) at RufflesandRainBoots.com.
More Christmas Crafts for Kids You Might Like
- Santa Paper Roll – This guy was such a bit hit. It’s the beard, I’m sure of it.
- Gnome Paper Roll Craft – A little paint will have the kids dancing these gnomes around in no time.
- All Paper Roll Crafts – From Disney to Harry Potter, we love putting together easy templates for paper roll crafts. Scroll through the pictures and choose another bit of easy-to-set-up fun.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a pin board for kid’s crafts or to your favorite parent’s group on Facebook.