As with me, my kiddos are so easily baked under the sun, so for our Disney trip, they’re making their own Rapunzel Minnie ears hat! It’s simple, fun and ridiculously adorable on their little heads. It’s the best day ever.
Rapunzel Minnie Ears Hat
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are really enjoying making all the coolest DIY Minnie ears for Disney. And the kids, well, they’re watching and want their own. Aaaaaand so, it makes sense that, since the kids are obsessed with Tangled, they’d want to make an awesome Rapunzel Minnie ears hat.
Which is great, because, honestly, I love it when my kids want to make their own crafts and have a good time with me. Mothers know best, after all. Just kidding. I’ll stop now. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY Minnie ears board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make these Rapunzel Ears for Disney
- Need a template for the sun on the hat? Do a quick search, you’ll find a ton. Or, if your little one is like mine, turn on the movie and wait until you get to the spot where the sun is featured.
- When you’re using the hot glue to make these Rapunzel ears for Disney, be generous, but don’t squeeze too much out. If you do squeeze out, it’s ok, just wipe it up right away or use a razor blade later.
- Let your kiddo get involved in the painting and the gluing and the braiding. The more involved they are, the more they’ll love their Rapunzel Minnie ears hat.
How Do I Make this Rapunzel Minnie Ears Hat?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.
- Yellow yarn
- Yellow fabric paint
- Plain white ball cap
- Purple satin ribbon or tulle ribbon
- Small silk flowers
- Purple glitter fabric
- Cardboard or thick cardstock
- Hot glue gun/sticks
- Gather all your materials.
- Use a pencil to lightly trace the sun symbol on the front of your white hat.
- Paint over your pencil drawing with yellow puffy paint, set aside and allow to dry completely.
- Trace and cut out 4 circles of about 3 ½” on the back side of your glitter fabric.
- Run a criss-cross of ribbon across one circle to give the effect of Rapunzel's bodice, and repeat with another circle, hiding the ends on the back.
- Cut a piece of cardboard or several layers of cardstock slightly smaller than your original circle and hot glue to the back of one of your ears.
- Press ears back to back and glue together leaving a 1” x ½” section across the bottom unglued, to help anchor the ears to the hat in the next step.
- Peel open the unglued pieces on the bottom of your ears and place on the hat a little more than halfway up from the bottom rim. Secure in place with hot glue.
- Cut 15 -36” lengths of yellow yarn.
- Divide your yarn lengths into 3 equal sections and tie off each one at the top with a small knot.
- Use hot glue to secure each section inside the hat, just above the opening at the back, pressing them as flat as you can.
- Add 2- 36” long pieces of ribbon or tulle in between the sections of yarn and glue in place.
- Pull the sections through the hat and braid them together, placing each of the ribbons in the hair sections on the outside. Tie off the end with a knot.
- Glue small flowers throughout the braid.
- Place hat on kid's head!
For more awesome DIY Minnie ears ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More DIY Minnie Ears You Might Like
- Ways to DIY Minnie Ears that Will Wow Your Fans – Honestly, there may be too many cool choices here to really make just one. You may have to make more than one is what I’m saying.
- No-Sew Snow White Minnie Ears – Oh, these are one of my all-time favorite Disney Princess Minnie ears. You have to check them out.
- Princess Leia Minnie Ears – She’s the original fierce Disney princess and she’s going to pew-pew-pew you. But only if you’re part of the Empire (rebel scum are safe).
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY Minnie ears board on Pinterest.