These Disney-inspired Rapunzel bath bombs are WOW-worthy and are so easy to make. They are perfect for the princess fan in your life.
Rapunzel Bath Bombs – Disney Bath Bombs that WOW!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love, love, love to make bath bombs and shower fizzies. I’ve shared base bath bomb recipes that will mix up every time and love to expand on them.
I’m so excited to start a new series on the ‘Boots – Disney-inspired bath bombs! These Rapunzel bath bombs are a very simple recipe with a LOT of color and scent. These are gorgeous in person because of the deep color and sparkles. I’m so excited, so let’s start making them.
No Time to Make These Now? Pin This for Later
Gather up the supplies (get everything you need on Amazon here) and come back to this. Pin it to your favorite Disney or bath bombs board on Pinterest.
Tips for Making These Rapunzel Bath Bombs
These are colors, friends, and with that comes a few things to know about coloring bath bombs. Here are a few tips:
- Please do not use food coloring. It will make your bath bombs purple but it will likely stain a tub.
- Don’t like baths? No problem! You can mold this recipe in any flat-backed design so they will be safe for use as Rapunzel shower fizzies.
- Let them sit if this is your first set of bath bombs. This is a no-fail bath bomb recipe, but if your mix was a little too moist, letting it sit untouched is the best way to make sure they don’t crumble.
- You can use any scents you want and any brand of oils. You can use any colors.
- If your bombs crumble, see this article on trouble-shooting bath bombs and shower fizzies to find out your options to remake them.
Like to Make Your Own Bath Bombs?
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it’s no secret that I love making my own bath bombs and beauty products. I just love the process and getting to choose my ingredients. If you do too, sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and I’ll share inspiration and recipes directly to your inbox.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
How Do I Make Rapunzel Bath Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked! Below are the written instructions with images but if you’re putting together a bath bomb recipe playlist on YouTube, here is our Rapunzel Bath Bombs video tutorial.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid (buy in bulk on Amazon)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon polysorbate-80 (I get mine here on Amazon)
- 10-20 drops EACH orange and frankincense essential oils)
- mica powder (I used two purples and a yellow I got here on Amazon)
- cosmetic glitter in dark and light purple and yellow
- spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
- bath bomb molds (these are my favorites)
- large mixing bowl
- three smaller bowls
- In a large bowl, whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch.
- Add in the coconut oil and poly-80. Mix until incorporated and then add the essential oils (start with 10 drops of each and go from there).
- Remove all lumps when mixing and divide into three small bowls. Add mica powder and cosmetic glitter (if using). Stir until combined and all lumps are removed.
- Spray a color mixture with the alcohol (start with only a few sprays) and combine fully until the mixture feels like wet sand. Your goal isn't a lot of moisture but it needs to stick together when pressed into your fist. Repeat this process with the other colors.
- Add the colored mixes into your molds, pressing slightly. Remember to fill one side to the brim and then overload the other. Press the sides together and twist slightly to combine.
- Leave the bombs in the mold for 24 hours (we like to wait 48) before removing. Store in a dry container and your Rapunzel bath bombs are done!
For more amazing bath bomb recipes and ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.com
More Bath Bomb Recipes You Might Like
I warned you up above – we make a LOT of bath bombs here at Ruffles and Rain Boots. Get lost down a creative rabbit hole with these fun bath bombs and accompanying bath recipes.
- Mermaid Bath Bombs – You already have all the ingredients (and the colors)…
- Lemon Sugar Scrub Cubes – Add a little of your leftover coloring and turn these purple! You likely have everything you need on hand right now.
Please Save This to Pinterest or Facebook
Your shares are how Ruffles and Rain Boots grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this on Facebook or save to your favorite board on Pinterest.